Chapter 4

3rd Person POV

As soon as they entered Dimitrescu Castle, Kira could already hear the buzzing of flies. Luckily, Alcina had already told her that her daughters could transform into flies. As the swarms of flies approached them, three beautiful young women emerged from the swarms.

"Hello, Mother, is the meeting over already?" the blonde asked.

"What was it about this time?" the brunette asked.

"Mother, who is this? Is she our new toy?" the redhead asked.

As soon as the other two heard what the youngest one had said, they looked at Kira. She stood beside Lady Dimitrescu, simply looking at the three of them. Alcina cleared her throat briefly to regain the attention of her daughters.

"This is Kira. Mother Miranda has given her to me as the new head maid. In addition to her duties, she will also help me with my research for Mother Miranda. Therefore, I ask you, don't even think about treating her like the other maids. Do we understand each other?" Alcina explained to her daughters.

"Yes, Mother," the three replied.

"I am pleased to serve you, Lady Bela, Lady Cassandra, and Lady Daniela," Kira said now, bowing to the three of them.

Bela Pov

When Mother told us that this person would be her new head maid, I wasn't thrilled. It wasn't just me; I could see it on my sisters' faces too. When I heard what Kira said, I had to admit that she had manners, which not all maids working here possess.

"I will now show Kira her room and explain her tasks for tomorrow. In the meantime, you will inform the other maids that starting tomorrow, a new head maid will be working with them," Mother said.

"We will convey the message to them, Mother," I replied. Then we watched as Mother went upstairs with Kira. Once we were sure that Mother and her new head maid were far enough away, my sisters looked at me.

"That's unfair. Why does she get to have the young and good-looking maids for herself?" I heard Cassandra complain.

"She looks younger than all the other girls we've gotten from the village. I wonder how her blood will taste," Daniela said now.

"You heard Mother. We're not supposed to disturb her new head maid, but that doesn't mean we can't punish her if she makes a mistake. Come on, let's inform the others about what Mother said." As soon as I said this, Daniela and Cassandra started giggling.

We're going to have a lot of fun with this new maid. I thought, and then followed my sisters to the maids' quarters.