Chapter 2

3rd Person POV

Kira arrived in the small village late in the evening, knowing that her acquaintance would be waiting for her there. An older woman, known in the village as the old witch, showed Kira where she needed to go. Kira, knowing who this old witch was, just shook her head.

The Mikaelson entered the church and soon found themselves in the chapel, where someone was already waiting for her.

"Hey there, little one, nice to see you again."

"Hi, I always appreciated the little things you sent me, Kira."

"You're back! You promised to come back earlier."

"Thank you for the little figurines."

"It's good to see you again, darling."

"Kira, thank you for coming as quickly as possible."

"Firstly, Karl, I'm quite a bit older than you, so watch how you address me. Donna, I'm glad you liked the little gifts. And Angie, I'm sorry, but I had to take care of family matters. Moreau, I'm glad you liked the figurines. Alcina, it's always a pleasure to see you," Kira said now, as she looked at the four Lords.

"And now, Miri, what have you been up to again? Are you still trying to get your daughter back, or have you finally given up?"

"That's the reason I summoned you here. Mia, would you be so kind as to explain to my old friend what we discussed?" Miranda said now.

Behind Miranda, a young woman appeared, holding a baby in her arms. As Kira saw the woman, she approached her. She scrutinized the woman and then her gaze landed on the baby.

"My name is Mia Winters. This is my daughter, Rosemary. Miranda abducted me and Rose because my daughter would be a good host to retrieve Miranda's daughter. During my time here, I talked to Miranda, and I managed to convince her not to carry out her plan," Mia said now.

Instead of saying anything, Kira reached out her arms. She wanted to hold Rose. Mia looked at Miranda, who nodded, and then Mia handed Rose to Kira. Kira studied the baby in her arms. The last time she held a baby was when her niece was born.

"Miri, let me guess, you've fallen in love with Mia. That's why you can't bring yourself to sacrifice Rose for Eva. Still, that doesn't explain why I'm here," said Kira, looking at Miranda and Mia.

"It all started three years ago. After Ethan rescued me from a family that was mutated. After that incident, he became paranoid. He never let me out of his sight, and when Rose was born, it got even worse. I couldn't go out with Rose without him wanting to know where I was going, and I couldn't be out for more than 10 minutes. If I tried to resist, he would become physically violent towards me," Mia explained.

Kira sensed that there was more to it than Mia was saying. "How did you manage to escape from him?" Kira asked, while gently stroking Rose's cheek. Mia took a deep breath, and Kira immediately sensed that she had touched a sore spot, as she felt Mia's heartbeat quicken. When Kira looked up, she saw Miranda embracing Mia.

"I told him that my parents wanted me and Rose to stay with them for a week. He let me go, believing I was telling the truth. That was a month ago. If he finds me, he'll hurt everyone here, as he thinks I've been abducted," Mia explained.

"So, I'm here to protect you from your soon-to-be ex-husband. Does that mean I should kill him if he shows up here, or am I mistaken?" asked Kira, and something dangerous flashed in her eyes.

"Yes, but it's not that simple. Something happened to Ethan, and he can't die," Mia said, looking down. "Kira, I'll send you a book containing my research on the Megamycete and the Cadou. You should find everything important in there on how to solve our problem with Ethan Winters," Miranda said to Kira, who nodded.

Kira handed Rose back to Mia. Then she looked at Miranda and gave her a headbutt. Miranda held her head and just looked at Kira. "You're lucky we've been friends for so long, otherwise I wouldn't do you this favor. And I have one more question, where am I going to stay?"