11

Clearly, ShangYu underestimated his mother; she is a powerful Alpha with considerable power in the empire. Her rigidity about bloodline was deeply ingrained; ShiWen is simply not good enough, even if he were an Omega.

Several days later, he received an invitation to a ball thrown by a friend's family; it was a business event that he could not pass up. ShiWen was also unable to attend due to the event's exclusive guest list. On the day of the ball, despite his reluctantness, he unwillingly hopped into the waiting car.

"I'll be back as soon as I can." ShangYu bit into the nape of ShiWen's neck, his voice tender. "And when I'm back, I want to have some of those tapioca puddings you make."

"Sure," ShiWen nodded.

Shang Yu sat in the backseat of the car, eyes closed, while it headed down the smooth road. The tune of an unfamiliar piano piece filled his ears, accompanied by an indistinct scent. Shang Yu furrowed his brow and lowered the window beside him, seeking a breath of fresh air.

The business ball turned out to be far from enjoyable; in fact, it bordered on tedium. After dealing with a few Alpha associates who had partnered with his company, Shang Yu found an excuse to take a seat in a quiet spot. But before he could close his eyes, someone sat down alongside him.

"Dull, isn't it?" It was ShangYu's mother, clad in a beautiful silver gown, sat elegantly in the circular chair, her eyes chilling, a grin playing at the corners of her mouth.

Shang Yu glanced at her from the corner of his eye. "Why are you here?"

"I was invited," ShangYu's mother responded casually, as if chatting to a stranger. "And how about you? Where is that Alpha with the fake Omega gland?"

ShangYu furrowed his brow. "Ah, sorry," his mother chuckled. "I forgot he wasn't on the guest list."

ShangYu got up and left his seat.

"You will regret it someday, ShangYu," his mother mumbled, drinking her champagne. "I will make you loyal."

Finding his friend wasn't a difficult task, but navigating through a group of flirtatious playboys amidst a crowd of Omegas was. Wearily, Shang Yu told his friend that he was heading upstairs to his room to rest. Just as he was about to turn and leave, a familiar figure caught his attention.

Shang Yu raised his eyes, all he saw was a busting hall filled with toasting businessmen. He tapped his temple lightly. "Maybe it's just my eyes." With a courteous nod to those around him, he made his way upstairs.

The room was dark, but the temperature was surprisingly high. The warm, orange glow of the large lamp diffused a syrupy yellow hue throughout the spacious room. ShangYu loosened his tie as he reached for the remote control of the air conditioner, turning on the cooling system.

The hallway was decorated with a soft red carpet, which provided excellent soundproofing, ensuring that the sounds from the first floor were barely audible on the second. The singer, having spent some time engaging with potential business partners downstairs, noticed ShangYu was going upstairs, bowed slightly, and bid a brief farewell.

When ShangYu's mother found him, he was poseing for posters. He was surprised when she shared her plan with him. He had liked ShangYu since high school, this rare opportunity was not something he would foolishly refuse.

With his champagne glass still in hand, he walked up the staircase. The singer glanced at each room door until his eyes settled on the familiar room number etched in his memory. Grabbing the room keycard from his pocket, he swiftly unlocked the door and entered.

The carpet in the foyer was crimped at the corne, and a slightly chilly breeze whistled through the room as the Alpha panted violently on the bed, kicking the sheets into disarray.

ShangYu looked up with his reddened eyes, catching a whiff of a sweet fragrance emanating from the other person in the room. The singer slowly approached the queen-size bed in the middle of the room, his glass in hand, but before he could continue, he was pushed against the wall.

He was drugged.

But when?

He remembered the scent in the car.

Lust in his body was screaming and rushing against his sanity. The chuckle of his mother reappeared in front of his eyes. ShangYu's gaze remained fixed on the trembling figure on the floor. He smiled coldly.

"So, this is how it is."

The singer trembled.

The Empire's regulations state that every individual, regardless of status, can only engage in sexual relationships with their assigned partners, even if they are the heir of the duke of the empire. Violations of this law have serious repercussions. If ShangYu is to mark this Omega tonight, ShiWen, or the singer, must be eliminated in order to leave no evidence.

On one side, there is a C-level Alpha from a lower-class noble family who has forged Omega glands and is of little importance to the bigger family.

On the other side, there is a charming Omega from a prominent noble family who happens to be an aspiring singer.

The answer is obvious.

The terrified singer, who had been flung to the ground, looked at Shang Yu in horror, unable to move. He curled up in the corner like a little quail. The glass he had in hand crashed into the wall, its amber liquid spilling onto the floor. ShangYu controlled his body with his fading consciousness and walked over the shattered glass. He picked up a shard from the ground and fiercely cut it into his own arm.

Blood splattered