Intro/Info

(TL;DR at the end)

Started: February 11th, 2024

Finished: N/A

First time published: March 2, 2024 

Last time updated: March 31, 2024

Current arc: In between Tournament of Elements and Possession

So I'm gonna start this off by saying I do not support large age gaps in the teenage years at all. My limit is two years apart and even that is quite a stretch. In this case, Lloyd is chronologically 10 but both physically and mentally 16, while Lyra is chronologically, mentally, and physically 15. The main reason why age gaps aren't ok is because of the maturity difference but, as previously stated, Lloyd is as mature as a 16-year-old. This means Lloyd and Lyra's relationship is completely legal and not creepy.

I will be following most of the show's canon/storyline, with a few things changed. If I write something that goes directly against canon, please do not comment about how it is incorrect, because there's a 99% chance it was written on purpose. On the contrary, if you see any retcons or typos, please feel free to inform me so I can fix them ASAP. 

On the topic of things that aren't canon, my work will definitely be similar to other Ninjago fanfics. This is partly because I have subconsciously absorbed a lot of information from fanfics I've read and will probably forget I read them in a fanfic and put them in here, and partially because there are only so many ideas one can have in this world, so of course some things are going to be similar. I'm doing my best to make sure I didn't steal from anyone, though, so please don't yell at me if any of my writing is similar to any other author's fanfic.

I'll try to update at least once a week but I really don't know if I'll manage that. If I haven't updated in a while, I most likely forgot about the story, so please remind me. If you have any questions about anything said here or onwards, PLEASE ask.

Also quick disclaimer, I do not own the Lego Ninjago characters or storyline. If I did, Garmadon never would've been sent to the Cursed Realm and Kai would've kept his old hair.

This takes place during Season 4: The Tournament of Elements (the best one). It continues on to the next seasons, too.

This is an LGBTQ+ safe area. I will not tolerate homophobia, transphobia, or discrimination of any kind. If any of those topics make you uncomfortable, feel free to leave and rethink your life choices (I know some of it can be for religious reasons but at the same time please just respect your fellow human beings).

Lyra will not be replacing any of the major characters in the tournament, and will instead be replacing some guy mentioned once as Jay's opponent who got himself kicked off the island and out of the tournament. To this day, I don't know who that guy was or what his elemental powers were but I'm pretty sure it was just a throwaway comment so whatever.

If you wanna make this a reader insert, go ahead because I literally cannot stop you and also do not blame you.

Oh and all of these characters are actual humans in this, not lego characters.

TL;DR: I do not support age gaps for teenagers but in this case Lloyd's mentally and physically a 16-year-old so it's ok. I'm gonna go against canon quite a bit. I'm trying my best not to subconsciously steal from other Lego Ninjago fanfics. Tell me if you see any retcons or typos. I'm gonna try to update weekly, emphasis on "try". I don't own Lego Ninjago. The start of this takes place during The Tournament of Elements. No real (real as in things that aren't obviously jokes) discrimination will be tolerated. Lyra doesn't replace any of the fighters in the tournament because there's a throwaway comment about some guy getting kicked out before he ever fights so she's just gonna replace him. Make this reader insert if it makes you happy. All the characters are human, not pieces of plastic.

TL;DR's TL;DR: Be respectful, Lloyd and Lyra's relationship isn't creepy, trust that I know what I'm doing. this is in Tournament of Elements, and the characters are human, not Lego.

Please vote and comment because it helps with motivation and the more motivation I have, the more I write. 

That's it for all, thank you

-Aspen<3