𝟏𝟔

( STEPHANIE PHẠM )

⤹⋆⸙͎۪۫。˚۰˚☽˚⁀➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*"𝐈 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐍 𝐓𝐎" the fourteen year old girl cried in the middle of the woods. a deer almost the same size as her lay with a twisted neck in the middle of the chaos. nicholas romano could only stare with unsettled eyes at his sister.

"i don't know what happened" he could barely make out her words through the loud sobs that racked her body. she was quite physically shaking as she held the still animal in her arms. blood was leaking from her ears as well as her nose and her eyes had turned a shade of crimson.

"i'm sorry, i'm so sorry" she didn't know exactly who she was apologising to but it was all she could think to do in the moment. the events of what had just occured were blurred in her mind, but she knew that she was the one to do this.

nicholas hadn't seen what had happened but he had heard her scream. he was by the river washing his body of all the grime that had built up those past few days, and as he was dressing a scream so loud it that if he was closer his ear drums would've burst shook the trees around him.

he knew what stephanie was, he'd been visited by hecate in a dream the day she arrived at the orphanage to protect her. who was he to argue with the gods. in the beginning it was just about him fulfilling his duty to protect the girl, but eventually he grew to love her like his family. and when they were nearly split up through the state trying to move stephanie to a home for troubled girls, he packed all they had into two backpacks and ran with her.

it hadn't taken him long to figure out that she must've been the daughter of hecate. the dream, the surges of magic that basically vibrated from her skin. she was more powerful than any monster he'd ever encountered in his fifteen years of running.

without another thought he immediately went to pull the girl away from the creature, making a move to drag it's body away from where she sat crying. he dragged it all the way to the river that he was previously at and left it's body for the wolves.

stephanie couldn't get herself to stop crying. she hadn't meant to get so angry. she hadn't meant to hurt anything. she had just been so hungry and cold that the frustration got the best of her. and when the creature had startled her she couldn't stop the scream from leaving her body until it was too late.

nicholas returned and began packing their belongings before he spoke without meeting her eyes "we have to go." she wasn't listening though as her tear stained hands went to wipe the dripping blood from her ears.