ೃ⁀➷ oo1

chapter 1, "𝙃𝙊𝙇𝙔 𝙎𝙃𝙄𝙏, 𝙄 𝙋𝘼𝙎𝙎𝙀𝘿!"

"chikara, something just happened," [name] mumbled into her phone as the receiver on the other end hummed in confusion

"huh? what do you- holy shit, you just took your emt exam. did you pass? please tell me you passed, because the amount of hours i sacrificed to help you study-" chikara ennoshita was swiftly cut off by [name]'s pathetic groan, causing the anxiety in his stomach for the girl to worsen.

"i don't know! we don't know if we pass till they send in the results, which can take up to a week! chikara, i'm going to die before then." [name] kicked a stray rock in front of her along the path back home to the train station, the test being in tokyo. her nerves were evident through the tight grip she had on her phone and her trembling legs. she felt like beating herself to death and throwing her body into a ditch. she was as cool as a cucumber before the test, so why now was she freaking out? was it because her "intuition" already knew she failed? she tried her best to fend away her ramped thoughts, choosing to listen to her friend instead.

"[name]," ennoshita started, his voice low and calm, "you will be okay. you studied so much, i'd probably trust you more with my life than the paramedic down the street! well... i don't know, but you know what i mean. it. will. be. okay. how about you come over and watch a movie with me? it'll take your mind off it," ennoshita suggested and [name] could feel the weight off her chest lifting slightly. ennoshita always knew how to calm her down.

"sounds dope. i'll bring chinese. garlic chicken with dumplings?"

"duh. also you should get orange chicken so i can eat some of yours."

"bro, i always get orange chicken."

"just making sure!"

"fat ass."

KNOCK!! KNOCK!! KNOCK!!

the familiar rhythm of [name]'s drumming echoed throughout ennoshita's home, causing him to jolt up from the couch before skittering to his front door. the door creaked as it swayed, it being a fairly old home. then appeared the emt student, hopefully certified, [name] herself, holding a radiating hot takeout bag. it smelled heavenly and ennoshita could anticipate his stomach growling.