ೃ⁀➷ oo2

chapter 2, 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙑𝙊𝙇𝙇𝙀𝙔𝘽𝘼𝙇𝙇 𝘾𝙇𝙐𝘽

glaring at her reflection in the mirror, [name] knew she wasn't ready for her first day back to school as a second year

glaring at her reflection in the mirror, [name] knew she wasn't ready for her first day back to school as a second year. her hair was too frizzy, her eyebags were too dark, her uniform was too wrinkly, and frankly, she didn't want to socialize with anyone but ennoshita. sure, having friends is great, but they could be so tiring.

the girl sighed as she thought about her friends, or rather lack there of. ennoshita was truly her only friend. sure, she had acquaintances (maybe even some online friends), but she never got anything deep or real out of her conversations with them. with ennoshita, she could.

she remembered the first day she met the brown haired boy. it was her first year of high school, and everyone was dreading it, not only her. it was the "big kids" school, and she had watched too many high school movies before her first day, so she was terrified of being bullied. fortunately, that was not the case. instead of meeting roughly edged boys itching to steal her lunch money, she met ennoshita. they were in the same class and something of her caught his attention as he was the one who introduced himself first:

"i like your pin," the stranger commented on the other stranger's accessory attached to her school bag. it was a pin of a character from her favorite show.

"oh... thanks... you watch that, too?" [name] mumbled, cursing inwardly to herself for her lack of social skills. she could tell the boy struggled to grasp onto her muddled words as his gaze on her deepened, but with a soft smile he nodded and showed his understanding.

"mhm, been watching since season one. they're my favorite character."

[name] raised her eyebrows in surprise before a timid smile etched across her face. "me too. what's your name? i'm [name] [last name]."

"chikara ennoshita, nice to meet you, [last name]. what club do you think you're gonna join?"

the moment was ever so strong in her memory as it was her first experience making a genuine friend. ever since then, the two of them were close, doing random shit together when the both of them were free.

usually, [name] was the one consistently free as ennoshita was typically running around with his volleyball club, which [name] thought was cool. her club, the photography club, was easy work in comparison to ennoshita's club. her and her club mates would simply bring in their artwork and explain where and why they took the photos they did. of course, they would work together to edit photos and even go out to use their cameras, but it was never anything super involved. [name]'s work was always the most impressive, bordering professional levels of camerawork (according to the teacher sponsoring the club, who had a degree in photography), but she always brushed off the compliments, never believing in them.