ೃ⁀➷ oo5

chapter 5, 𝙈𝙔 𝙀𝙇𝙀𝙈𝙀𝙉𝙏𝘼𝙍𝙔 𝙎𝘾𝙃𝙊𝙊𝙇 𝘽𝙊𝙔𝙁𝙍𝙄𝙀𝙉𝘿?!

"okay, boys! it's game day... well, "game" day. today we will be going against one the top volleyball teams in the prefecture, aoba johsai! they're a very strong team, but we've been training for it, right?" coach ittetsu takeda announced as he stood in the middle of the karasuno boys volleyball team's warmup circle. in response, the boys yelled with excitement, eager for their first practice match of the season.

kiyoko smiled at the boys' excitement as she clapped with their cheering, [name] coping her action from besides her.

"you excited for your first game as manager?" kiyoko whispered to [name] as coach takeda walked through the upcoming game. [name] peered over to kiyoko and hummed in thought.

"i am. i'm excited to get some cool action shots of them. maybe even some of the aoba johsai boys so i can charge them." kiyoko giggled at the other girl's statement softly.

the team then separated to pack up their bags for the bus ride over to the gym they'd be playing at. [name] simply observed each and every player, noting how some seemed a little nervous, but other than that they seemed fine... except for a particular first year.

hinata genuinely appeared like he wanted to shit his pants. his legs shook every time he bent down to put something in his bag and his face appeared queasy and pale.

[name] quickly but quietly skipped over to hinata as her first thought was something was wrong with him medically based off his skin color. once she reached hinata, she placed her nimble fingers against his carotid pulse, frightening him.

"OH MY-! o-oh, [name]- w-why are you touching me?" hinata stuttered immensely as the girl's soft touch sent shivers down his spine. his pale complexion quickly warmed up.

"sorry, i should've said something. you just looked sick," [name] stated, removing her hands away from his pulse once determining he was fine, even if his pulse was on the cusp of tachycardia. "you're not pale anymore, so that's good. you just nervous?" [name] fluttered her eyelashes as she tilted her head.

hinata's eyes bounced around [name] face as he took in her true beauty up close. he barely comprehended her question, but once he did he attempted to answer. "uhh... umm, y-yes- no! i'm fine! it's okay! it's fine!" hinata squeaked. he swiftly crouched down to grab hold of his bag before skittering to the bus along with everyone else.

"hmm..." [name] furrowed her eyebrows in thought as the ginger scampered away, still shaking. 'if he says he's fine, he's fine...' the girl thought to herself as she finished packing her own bag. placing her final item on top of everything else, her first aid kit, she swung the bag over her shoulder and walked over to the bus.

on the bus, kiyoko sat in her own seat waiting for [name] to step foot so she could slide down right next to her. noticing this, [name] gave a cute wave to the ravenette and plopped into the seat. of course, tanaka took note of this and squealed with joy as it was the cutest thing he'd ever seen. this caused daichi to quickly smack him and tell him to shut up.