chapter thirty

I left Annalisa and was walking towards the house to look for my uncle and cousin  when I heard someone calling my name ,who could it be I ask myself cause I don't seem to recognised the voice so I turned towards the direction where the voice was coming from and behold there my mom stood looking beautiful and elegant as always she was putting on a black long shiny gown that fitted her perfectly you could hardly believe she is a mother and of seven kids at that ,she let her long black hair loss and she was holding a black diamond purse and black shoes to match she was in black from head to toe and there she looks like she was just coming from a red carpet event ,or maybe she was just brought out from a magazine cover ,if not for choice of colour you could hardly believe she was here for a burial ,if you ask me I would say words don't really do justice to her beauty but God really did justice to her beauty and most importantly she got brains ,so she is a beauty with a brain because when it comes to business even my dad can't compare to her which left me wondering most times ,how can one person have all this qualities even though I now she's not the only one with these qualities, after giving birth to us her kids we all got a little of what she had ,for the brain we all got it abundantly, I'm not saying my dad is dumb no don't get it wrong ,my dad is brilliant yes but my mom is way brilliant, like when she reads ones its stock to her brain and she never forgets it she doesn't even have to stress herself to read that hard its like she has a camera somewhere in her head that take photos of everything she reads and when she needs to use it she just go there and retrieve the folder ,I didn't realise I was still standing there with my mouth half open as describe my mom in my head until I felt her tapping my shoulders, hi Nabila what in the name of God are you thinking of I heard her ask sounding a bit worried or maybe its just my ears playing tricks on me so I composed myself before I replied her ,good afternoon m...,I couldn't bring myself to say the word mom which I've calling her with for years ,she seem to notice I was about to start thinking to myself again so responded to my half greeting, afternoon how are you and how are you feeling now ,I'm fine thank you ,with that I turned and was about living when she hold my hands and stop me ,Nabila your dad and siblings are sitted over there she said as she pointed towards the direction of a mango tree ,following the direction of hr fingers I saw my siblings sitted and they seem to be having a good time cause they were laughing about something, come and say hi to them before you go ,just help me say hi to them please ,you don't want to see your family anymore ,what's wrong ,what happened to you Nabila, I could hear the shock and hurt from her voice but honestly even I myself have no idea what is wrong with Mr because I can't seem to see them as my family anymore there's this strange feeling I'm get anytime I think about them and that's exactly what I'm feeling now but looking at the hurt in her eyes I gave up and followed her ,on the way she kept asking how I was and if my uncle and cousin ate treating me well,I should have been happy that my mom finally cares but my instinct is telling me otherwise, why do I have a feeling that my mom want me to sacrifice something just like back then ,that was the thought that popping in my head but then I'm not sure it could just be me remembering what happened in the past and its hurting me that's why ,we finally got to where they were sitted and the moment we arrived all the laughter I was hearing died down and they all where looking at me even my favourite babies Leah and Saleem stood there and is that anger I see in there eyes ? I was not expecting anything from the rest but from Leah and Saleem I was expecting at least a hug but I don't see that happening, good afternoon dad,good afternoon everyone, I said since no one is saying anything and the silence was kind of awkward, Nabila how are you my dad asked ,I'm fine thank you and then everywhere went silent again so I turned to live when my dad spoke,do you want to come back home and stay with us ,OK now I know something is definitely wrong some where because my parents that I know won't be asking me this except there's something they want me to do for them ,why I ask ,must you be given reason before you can come back dad shouted ,not really I'm just curious why will you want the prodigal daughter back home all of a sudden its seem odd,well  Lydia's baby has grown and she's ready to go back to school, and you want me to come back and take care of the child while she goes to right I help him finish the statement, so now that you know can we  get going ,I laughed really hard that the were all astonished and wondering why I'm laughing, why are you laughing my elder brother ask ,what's so funny Saleem ask ,you all are funny I mean no disrespect mom and dad but what do you take me for ,what's that supposed to mean mom ask, I'm sorry I'm not coming I said ,how much money are they paying you there that mom and dad haven't given you before Leah shouted at me ,what money are you talking about I asked looking confused, oh don't you dear act like you don't know what she's talking about Saleem said ,OK now I'm more confused than ever ,what are the two of you talking about my elder brother and sister chorus together, well dad told us you collected money from him for taking care of us before you left to go and stay with uncle Leah said ,yes he also told us how you planned with Lydia's husband to mistreat her and then you go and rescue her making it look like you cared for her, what!!!! My siblings and I turned to look at both our parents and with the looks on their faces they are 100% guilty, wow really mom you know I've been wondering if you two are my biological parents but then you brought the DNA test result but now I'm beginning to think the test was a lie ,thank you so much I said as I left before they could see the tears flowing from my eyes,now I see the reason why I couldn't recognised my moms voice earlier when she called me cause they are no more the same people I used to know something has changed about them but I have no idea what it was , if Jessy's death broke me then I can't what these news has done to me I got to the house and wash my face with water from that very moment I promise myself never to shed tears for anyone as for my parents well time shall tell but for now the only family I have is my uncles family so I went and look for them as we sat down and console each other .
We stayed in our home town for a week and my relationship with Annalisa grew stronger everyday her presence helped me a lot my siblings later came to apologize on behalf of my parents and I told them we are cool after the Thanksgiving service and the prayer service arranged by the church was concluded we left and returned back home and on our way I know that I will never be the same person again because of everything I've been through so far but there's one thought that kept coming in my head no matter how hard I tried to push it away that's the urge of taking vengeance for what has been done to me, will I take vengeance against those who birthed me I know I said the DNA test result was  a lie but I said that in anger ,I think I'll  leave all of this to fate Even though on a serious note  I'm not a believer of fate .