Chronoa - 1

Two beings noticed the sudden arrival in Conton City, and even with her busy schedule, she stopped to see what had happened. The Supreme Kai of Time, Chronoa, left the Time Nest and entered the busy city.

Time Patrollers were flying and riding vehicles all around, racing from one place to another. The business of the city only became more hectic as the Time Breakers, Mira and Towa, reemerged. The original hero of Toki Toki City was hard at work, but it was too much for even him to handle.

As such, Chronoa was attempting to find a new Time Patroller she could trust to give the difficult missions that no one else could handle. But no matter how hard she tried to look, she couldn't find such a person.

Chronoa sighed, her tiny shoulders drooping. "What are we going to do?"

Coming up from the large staircase, Elder Kai's eyebrows rose. "Supreme Kai of Time, I'm surprised to see you out of the Time Nest. I can only assume there's been a good development, if you've found time to come out?"

Chronoa gave Elder Kai a look before turning her attention to the Parallel Quest section of Conton City.

It was suddenly a very popular section of the city, with many Time Patrollers honing their skills against fragments of distorted history. Most of the Time Patrollers wished they could be the one to be chosen to work alongside Chronoa, but none of them had the skill to compare to the legendary hero of Toki Toki city.

"Well, I suppose that's what happens when someone is summoned by Shenron. If only we could re-use that wish, this would be easy," Chronoa sighed to herself. She turned her attention to Elder Kai, who stopped next to her side, "I think our choice is in there, somewhere. I don't know when they'll be ready, but when they are, it'll all change for the better."

Elder Kai let out a gentle scoff. "Of course, our choice is there, somewhere. However, we'll need them to be ready soon, or else we'll be quickly running head-first into our doom, and everything will be following us."

Chronoa waved her hand. "Just keep an eye out, for any promising Patrollers."

After the Elder Kai reluctantly agreed, Chronoa returned to her work, endlessly watching out for any rifts in time. She would never think if she wanted it or not, rather that she simply needed to.

She could only wish for a hero to appear.

She could only wish for her hero to appear.

She could only wish.

-----

Time was a relentless, cruel thing to watch and maintain. Whether it was the victory of a hero, or the victory of a villain, it simply had to be watched, and kept.

The death of Bardock and the Saiyans had to be watched. Future Gohan's last stand against the devilish androids had to be watched. Vegeta's sacrifice against Majin Buu had to be watched.

The Supreme Kai of Time would not be worn down by time, millions of years had passed, and she still was not worn down by time. However, there were times when she thought: "What if?"

What if I was human? What if I could spend my time on things like... romance?

What if I—

"Supreme Kai!" Trunks barged into the Time Nest, nearly causing Chronoa to leap from her skin. He ran up to her, his eyes shimmering. "Have you seen him?!"

"Trunks, I've told you not to barge in here. If I lose another Time Scroll, I promise I'll—" Chronoa growled, but she suddenly stopped when the legendary hero of Toki Toki City walked in silently, behind Trunks. "Hero?"