Bulma - 1

I haven't forgotten about this story! I'm just writing so much for my original projects that this isn't at the forefront of my mind. However, that doesn't mean it's not getting updated!

This chapter is not spicy, but don't worry, we'll get there! Enjoy the chapter!

-----

Chronoa had seen a lot of things in her time looking over history. Beerus destroyed planets easily, alongside his angel, Whis. Goku and Vegeta fought against threats from all over the universe (and outside of it). She'd even seen history warped and looked over it as the sole watcher of time.

But in all her time she never saw someone like (Y/n).

He was an enigma. He must've been completely unbeatable, she told herself.

So, she couldn't hide her fear when he was sucked into Towa's trap, outside of her vision. Her heart raced with an uncommon anxiety.

As Trunks and Hero fought against Mira, Frieza, and Cooler, Chronoa sat with Toki Toki, worried out of her heart. "Where is he...? Oh, I can't believe I've gotten so worried about a new Time Patroller. If he's in danger or... gone, it'll be my fault and my fault alone. I shouldn't have let him go. It was too early...."

Toki Toki cooed as an aura of anxious time radiated off it. Flashes of history appeared around the bird, from Bulma waiting for Trunks to return, to Chi-Chi praying for Gohan's safety. As it turned out, even this moment, Choronoa hopes for (Y/n), was echoed in Toki Toki's aura of time.

So, relief flowed over her when there was an unintentional disruption in time. The Supreme Kai of Time suddenly leapt to her feet, rushing to the Time Nest, and looking through the numerous scrolls to find where the disruption was.

"In... the far future where Trunks came from?"

-----

Bulma was, in a lot of ways, exhausted.

She lost one of her best friend, Goku. It was a heart virus, shockingly. After the initial shock and grief faded, she found the reality to be somewhat humorous. Goku, one of the strongest fighters she'd ever seen, died to his own heart.

Perhaps it was too big. Perhaps he spent too much time protecting the weak, and all the hatred from Frieza and the Red Ribbon Army caught up to him. Either way, he was gone, and it would've meant so much if he came back.

First, she lost her lover to the Androids. He might've been a hard-headed man, but he was a good man deep down, no matter what anyone said. He fought until his last breath, even after Piccolo passed away, and no Dragon Balls existed.

Then she lost all her friends. Krillin, Tien, Piccolo, all of the Z-fighters. Yes, she wasn't horribly close with them all, but that didn't mean they weren't her friends. When all you did was fight and fight and fight, they all found a special fondness for Bulma's comparative normality.

Granted, she was a once-in-a-lifetime genius who managed to create a Time Machine after their deaths, but hey, she was about as normal as it got for space-alien-fighting people like themselves.

And then Gohan died.

Gohan died.

The son of her best friend died. She couldn't stop him from fighting with his all, and she had to fix him the last meal he'd ever eat before his death. He knew it, she knew it, but they both had a conversation like it was a normal Tuesday, as if he wasn't going to die against the Androids.

She asked him about Quantum Physics, since he was interested in such topics when he went to Namek with her and Krillin. But he didn't know anything about it.