Chapter 2: The Brother of Surya Putra

1st POV 

My life was never great. I had loving parents, but they suffered from financial and mental instability causing them to let out their anger on me and when I showed my frustrations, they used something called emotional blackmailing.

Even after all that I loved them, our relationship was as toxic as it could be, but I still held our bonds tightly, though now finally I am free from all the shackles of the material world. Believe me I had no regrets or terror for being stuck here in this darkness for eternity.

Instead, I loved it here, a place with only silence and no one else. I dreamt of this and finally after death I received it, so I cherished it like it was the most valuable gift of my life. 

"Thank you, my Shiva," I thought in my mind as I aimlessly floated around, in a quiet slumber I slowly fell, without even recognizing the grief inside me which was all pervading. Eons passed by and I kept my slumber dreaming of only happiness and peace.

No one was there to force me to do anything, no work, no studies, no competition, no urge to survive just peace. I wasn't pressured to get top rank in anything instead I was as free as the blue whale.

But this time, my tasteful slumber was disturbed by a light which burned my eyes even though I was literally a soul with no eyes yet capable of sight it seems. The light shined brighter, and I had the urge to scream but I couldn't.

Only thing I could hope for is the moment to quickly pass away making me return to my slumber again.

"But Suryadev how will I take care of them?"

At the voice of a woman praying to the dev of the sun, my vision cleared, and I was shocked to see the literal Surya Dev and I perfectly guessed that this lady was Maa Kunti who looked extremely beautiful in her younger days.

I and another baby were in the hands of Kunti, looking at the other baby I saw that he had golden kavach and kundals which made me know that I wasn't Karn instead I was an anomaly since no mention of a second brother is mentioned in the holy Vedic scriptures.

I shifted in her arm and looked at the pond which was underneath her and saw my appearance which shocked even myself. Unlike Karna I didn't have anything except for extremely golden skin and long matted hair.

Along with that my neck had a blue glowing tint along with my body. There were also beads of Rudraksh which made me feel protected and maybe these were enhanced to protect me like the Kavach and Kundal

 There were also beads of Rudraksh which made me feel protected and maybe these were enhanced to protect me like the Kavach and Kundal

(Ignore the Moon, Ashes, and third eye along with the tiger clothes)

"I look like Lord Shiva" This thought raised in my mind and I thanked Shiva for at least blessing me with some sort of power to survive here though other than appearance I can't feel anything else inside of me.

Breaking out of my thoughts, I realized that Kunti Mata was now crying miserably at the departure of Suryadev, who rejected her plea of taking us with him since it was our destiny to suffer.

Actually, it was Karna's destiny but like two peas in a pot, I am also stuck here. Then came someone known as Priyamvada the maid of hers as they discussed between themselves, what to do with us?

"Kunti, you are my friend and that's why I suggest giving them to holy river of Ganga. You surely don't want to damage your and your father's reputation, do you?"

Kunti cried and tried to think of a new solution for us, but the words of Priyamvada made her numb and she quietly took a basket before laying us on it. Now, normally I wouldn't think about them but for some reason an internal hatred for Priyamvada had generated inside me. 

I glared at her as unknowingly big brother instincts took over.

"I swear upon this holy ganga who is soon going to take us under its protection. I will get my revenge on you all for me and my brother."

Now this was even shocking at least for me since I was a person devoid of the feeling and emotion, we all know as love, then why did thinking about injustice against my brother ignite such a strong feeling of wrath inside of me.

 I do know that, back in my old time the character of Karna was my favorite as he almost represented me, but this doesn't mean that love for him would automatically be generated as soon as I arrive.

Either this could be because of us being brother's and are connected together or it could be because of Mahadeva and other gods who wanted me to feel love which I didn't in my old world.

Both of these situations were win-win but enough of my over analysis, instead let's focus back to the real world. As my cold gaze was completely focused on that maid, I saw her shiver as she panted slightly in fear before turning towards me and backing away slightly.

"What happened Priyamvada?"

Kunti asked and Priyamvada quickly shook her head to clear the thoughts and by that time I had already retracted by gaze, saving my hatred for later.

"Nothing, you continue."

Priyamvada replied and Kunti nodded before binding us to the basket together so that we don't fall and drown. Karna cried and held the finger of Kunti strongly, but she just looked at him with eyes full of tears and removed her finger from his small hand.

Now this doesn't mean that his hands would be empty, instead as soon as his right arm dropped on the basket, I grabbed it with my left hand grasping it lightly making Karna look at me with a sweet smile on his chubby baby face.

Seeing our bond even Kunti was shocked but smiled thinking that at least Karna will have someone with him who will accompany him and help him at every turn. Irrespective of her own feelings, hearing Priyamvada's urgency she let us down on the ganga and we floated far away from her slowly.

Beside me Karna cried missing his mother, but I clutched his hand and patted his head, which probably looked cute. No worries baby brother, I will be with you and give you the life which I never got.

Chapter End

1st: Maybe little cringe but give me polite criticism so that I can improve my skills and story.

2nd: May seem a little fast pace but I am trying to work harder on that.

3rd: Never expected it to blow up so quickly but I am happy and thank you all for your love and support. 

4th: Update Schedule will be irregular since we all live in India and know about class 10th boards which are coming, and I am going to attend there. So, parent's hopes and expectations are on me.

5th: So yeah, again love you all, have a great day or night.

6th: Comment, Vote, add to reading list and share along with promoting if you want. But just enjoy and give opinions so that I may feel a boost to keep going on.