01. First Day Gossips

The day started off with me getting late to school. Oh, please.... It happened only this one time, trust me! (Well, excluding the earlier late attendances of mine in the previous months) I walked into the classroom sweating and panting for breath.

"May I come in, Ma'am" I managed, catching my breathe and mustering my sweetest tone.
Our teacher gave me a knowing glare. She didn't even ask the reason why I was late. She's definitely gotten used to all my excuses by now. But still, if she, any day, wanted a reason, I have very believable ones prepared, at the tip of my tongue.
"Of course you may, Monica. There's no point not letting you enter anyway, since you're already here. " She drawled. What a pathetic attempt at sarcasm.

I nodded politely and rushed to my friends at the back of the classroom as they all gave me a cheeky smile, while the other students simply acknowledged me with a polite nod, while I too, returned the gesture.

Oh how rude of me to not yet introduce myself. I am Monica Williams, from Florida. I am a 16 year old grade 11 student from the prestigious, one-and-only Lady Queen High (est. 1856). From the previous events, well it might be pretty clear that I am a bit of a careless, clumsy and suck-up freak. And I wouldn't deny, because, yes, I am indeed all of that. A pretty abnormal combination, to be frank. I don't have a choice now do I. I am one of the fore runners of my class in the academic field. And I love the attention and importance that people give me due to my academics excellence. Now, we are all mere humans and it's natural that we are not perfect, right? No one is perfect. Similarly, I am, I fear to admit, but a bit slow. Blame it on my dire craving for perfection, but things I take up or execute HAVE to be perfect, no matter what the time limit is. Take today for instance, I couldn't bear the tiny crease on my uniform and ironed it for the second time until it was 'perfect'. It's sick I know, but I'm just human.

Now back to the story, I settled down in my seat beside my friend, Sienna. Lady Queen High is an all girls school. And while that might sound a bit stereotypical, but it's not at all bad to the girls in here. We just love female company, and maybe a little more too, if I'm being honest.

My gang of friends are the top tier students of our class, and experts in their fields. Take Sienna for example. She is my academic rival but we are the closest friends, inseparable to be exact, like brothers. There's no jealousy or vengeance if one of us gets better marks, this is a positive peer pressure, if one does fairly well, the other does better. We have a sweet competition. sometimes I secure first position, while other times it's her. We practically dominate the academic wing.

Then we have Anastasia. A real life female version of Pablo Picasso. She literally draws life into her sketches. A very valuable asset of Lady Queen High. She's very sweet as a person though. Soft spoken, polite, with a gentle smile always lingering at her lips. She doesn't judge or talk bad about any one. She just can't. She's perhaps the connoisseur of kindness. We adore her.

Lastly we have Angelina. She is a great friend. Always there to motivate you when you are down, always there to hear you out when you're frustrated or procrastinating. She won't judge you. She won't be disgusted when you open up to her about your deepest, darkest, thoughts and worries. She'll be there and give you some real, logical advice. She is a great speaker and has a very uplifting voice which will make you want to keep listening to her.

" Heya Gurlie " Sienna greeted, clearly excited as she might have thought that I'd be skipping school today

" Heyyy Sin, what's up, I've missed y'all so much over the weekend " I greeted back, a smile plastered on my lips.

" Aww Mou we missed you so much too. By the way, I have some really spicy tea to share, I just got to know today and it's gonna throw you off your seat girl. I've been dying to share this with y'all "
Angelina squealed brimming with energy and excitement, she was always the social butterfly and gossips reached her easily.

" Ohhh tell me about it, I've been dying for some tea " Anastasia encouragd her.

" Yeah gurl tell me already, or I'mma murder some petty human being right now. Tea is my drug " Sienna added.

" Yes Ang just spill the beans, will you gurll.... Don't leave me needy for tea, I might have a heart attack, or else " I said, as my interest had suddenly piqued.

" Yeah yeah guys, but brace yourselves, I'm warning you... So Genevieve Sawyer and Betty Odell kissed " She squealed, way too excited to finally let the cat out of the bag.

"Excuse me wha-"

"What the actual fu-"

"Are you seriou-"

All three of us gaped for a moment when suddenly realization hit us.

"You mean Genevieve Sawyer, THE GENEVIEVE SAWYER?!?!? OUR MOST TALENTED BALLERINA?!?? " Sienna whisper-screamed.

" And Betty Odell, like the Betty Odell whom, everyone had a crush on until she declared that she's straight and oh hell- in a stable relationship?!?! " I continued, making sure no one could hear us.
Gossip in a girls' school is precious, might I add.

Anastasia followed suit, seemingly terrified, " They kissed? like 'kiss' kissed, like you do, I mean like you do on the lips with your tongue and- "

Before Anastasia could complete her description of a 'kiss', Angelina cut her off confirming all our stuck up thoughts

" Yes they kissed! The kiss on lips! Can y'all believe it? It took me minutes to register that information. It happened as a truth or dare. Dare was Genevieve's. Sources also mentioned that it was insanely hot and both were a blushing mess after the kiss!!! "

"Oh my holy heavens"..... All of us squealed like mad women and got a few suspicious glances, but who cared? THIS, was more important.

After a few funny minutes, when the previous shock and excitement had settled down among us, I finally commented " Our school should officially change it's name to Rainbow High, it's been too long. "

Sienna seconded my opinion " Actually bro, it is potentially a breeding ground, I repeat, a fucking breeding ground for gays, bisexuals, lesbians, transgenders and queers and what not... " She smirked.

Angelina and Anastasia nodded, still smiling with a hint of naughtiness in their faces.

The teacher finally turned to the board,after the first bell rang, indicating that classes were about to begin. First class was chemistry, as all the students groaned and took out their books and stationery.
" Turn to page 143 and take down the notes I'm writing on the board..." She drawled.

Oh yes, This was definitely gonna be a hell of a year.

»»--⍟--««