06. Sandwich Chats

Monica's POV:
"So? "

"Soooooo?"

"Tell us already!"

"Tell y'all what?"

"About the date? "

I choked on my sandwich and coughed violently. Grabbing the nearest glass of water, which was apparently Sienna's, as she scowled at me, I chugged it down, finally swallowing the lump which was stuck in my throat. I stared at my dear comrades weirdly, finally realising that they were indeed crazy. What a great way to ruin lunch time.

"What in Hades' hell are you guys implying, I haven't been asked out by any guy or girl in, like, ages.... How could I magically manage a goddamn date then. If I'd known better, I'd think you guys are mocking my very-peaceful-single-existence. " I huffed, pouting.

"Oh no darling, we are blessed to be honoured with your, as you put it, very-peaceful-single-existence, we really are. But we ought to know how your little date with the Emily Rhodes went?" Angelina questioned, wriggling her eyebrows mischievously.

"My date with Emi-"

"Yeah we all were expecting texts from you after your date you know, but seems you were too caught with her-" Sienna smirked "-and forgot that we existed. Oh hell, even Anna thought that, we should give you some time to sober yourself up before bombarding you with questions, Right Anna? "

"Yeah Sin, It was her day to shine, we wouldn't want to ruin that for you sweetie" Anastasia smiled, which, like always, seemed kind, but that's not the case with me today. Considering that I was being interrogated about a date that I never went on, by my best friends. What a pleasing experience, indeed.

"Look guys, stop. First of all I don't have a single freaking idea about what y'all are rambling about. Date? Me? Are you kidding? It's not possible that I go on a date and not tell y'all about it. Like bloody hell I'll need your pep talk, even though it's shit-" My friends gasped dramatically. "-and secondly, for the last time, it was NOT a date, it's a mere workshop ughh! Why don't y'all get it already. And thirdly I'd never go on a date with Emily freaking Rhodes, for I don't like her that way. Well cross that, I don't like her any goddamn way. And I am not looking for a partner at this moment. " I explained, huffing and looked at my girls who were staring at me as if I've gotten a red ball on my nose. Crack heads, I thought in my mind.

There was a short pause and Anastasia was the first to speak up " Uhh, Mou, first of all, the dating advices that we give you are not shitty, okay? Like it's not our fault that you always manage to lose your shit on a date and practically scare the girl or guy away." She shot back scoffing.

"But Anna I -" I wanted to protest but was cut off again. This time by Angelina.

" And secondly Mou, we absolutely get whatever 'workshop' you're trying to mean. Don't say, that you didn't let your thoughts run wild when you both were working in a room all alone with the door locked.-" A devilish smirk playing at her lips, she continued "-And don't be shy Mou, teenage hormones are fucking annoying to control and I get that. Trust me Mou, it happens with me too" She completed with a cheeky grin and winked at me.

"Oh hell Ang wha-" I was interrupted yet AGAIN, by Sienna.

" And thirdly Mou, I don't quite see what's wrong with Emily Rhodes. She's pretty, smart, responsible, and might I say, quite dominant-" She winked clearly noticing that I got what she meant, since she saw me gasping. "-and as you said, you haven't gotten your single ass one date since what? like, three years, and you think that's an achievement? That's a goddamn embarrassed Mou. Loosen up a bit, will you, girl? It's high school! We're meant to enjoy our lives and mind no shit now! Exams are months away!" She rambled on, seemingly irritated at my nonchalant nature.

I couldn't help it, could I? I am a bit dumb at such things. And I proudly take the title of the 'hopeless romantic' in our group, not that I could help it, though. Things like this always turned sour for me so I simply gave up trying.
True, that I've had a few crushes here and there, but relationships? No.

It is physically impossible for me to go up and talk to the girl or guy I had a crush on, so I never tried giving dating a shot. Sure all my crushes ended up as poor one-sided love stories, with my crush getting into a relationship with someone else, but I didn't mind very much- initially it hurt, seeing my love with someone else, but eventually it didn't matter anymore.

I liked men and women alike. Now, although that seems to be a sensitive topic or touchy subject for most but I was absolutely open with it. I wasn't entirely sure about my sexuality but did that matter, really? Love is love and as I believe, cannot be bound to petty, earthly, materialistic conditions like gender.
I've had crushes on both boys and girls before, so safe to say, that I'm ready to accept both of them.

But dating seems to be just not my cup of tea. Flirting is alright. Sienna and I have practically flirted with all the students that has walked the halls of Lady Queen High, and the both of us hold the reputation of 'The Greatest Flirts', our school has ever seen. Which, I don't disagree with either. Flirting is a natural skill and it came easily to us, as if we were born with it.

Sienna, on the other hand, has already been in few relationships before, which ended because her ex girlfriends thought that she cheated on them, because of her unstoppable flirting with other girls. I don't blame them though. Sienna should really hold her horses when it came to flirting, whilst she was in a relationship.

Anyway, so I am not a genius, to balance both flirting and relationship like Sienna, so I chose the easier option. Flirting it was.

"Guys look, I think that y'all are making a big deal out of it. It was NOT a date, for the last time! And it's not my hormones. I'm all open to having fun in high school but don't expect me to get into a relationship just because I have to have one. I want my relationship to be something deep and genuine, you know, not just some superficial drama. And Emily Rhodes and I are two absolutely different entity. That girl hates me and I don't think we, err, mix well, or rather mix at all. So no. Nothing's going on between her and I. That's all I rest my case." I completed sighing dramatically.

My friends looked at each other and snickered
"Well, that doesn't quite match with the way she's staring at you, like she's been hypnotised." Sienna pointed.

"Stari-" I violently turned my head and right there she was, among the buzzing tables, Emily Rhodes.... looking straight at me?!

Our eyes locked and I felt my face slowly heating up. Her dark eyes held no emotion of any sort and her face remained blank. Just then she was called by Meredith on her side as she engaged into their conversation, not looking at me any longer.
I turned back to my girls.

"So? Do you finally reconsider your choices girlie? Emily Rhodes looks like she's got her mind and heart locked to you and only you, darling." Angelina cooed, and the other two giggled.

I scoffed, clearly irritated. My previous blush had worn off, I said " She's looking at me because she is probably plotting my murder in her head."

I grumbled and resumed chewing on my sandwich. Food is my first love, and I'd love to keep it that way, I thought.

»»——⍟——««