03. Abnormal Encounter

Monica's POV:
The day passed by in a blur. It was only classes, classes and classes, occasionally accompanied by aggressive note- taking and fleeting gossips. The tea about Genevieve and Betty had especially caught everyone's attention. Well, obviously,since two of the cleanest yet most controversial characters were involved in it. There were many new editions of the 'incident' and a whole new set of stories elucidating more about the kiss and it's aftermath. Which were again, accompanied by animated story-telling, disgusting imitations and dramatic gasps in almost every table. Good gossips live long, and that was the very case.

Monica and her party tried to remain oblivious to the fact, as all four of them were extremely liberal of such beliefs. They believed that all human beings had the right to fall in love with any person irrespective of their caste, creed, sex and religion. Love does not follow such petty conditions. It is not a mere emotion. In fact, they believed that it is an art, of deep promise and devotion. It cannot be bound by these earthly, materialistic, shackles. Love is free, and those who love, have every right to experience that freedom.

And well, these two said students have simply kissed. There's practically no need to make such a huge deal out of it. It's not they have started a whole-ass family, is it?
The way all the other students had been fussing about it, was very childish, to be frank.

No one's POV:
It was their last class of the day. Ughh Finally. Just a few more deadly minutes and then they'd all be free from this hell hole of a school. Last class was Physics which was such a pain. No offense though, Monica and her mates loved Physics, and it was probably one of their top-favourite-subjects.

However they couldn't deny the fact, how excruciatingly painful and boring it was, to suffer through Physics class. The entire school dreaded their Physics teacher. He was no less than a tormentor, straight from hell. Word goes around that his tyranny has often caused students to go through therapy for months. Although no one has ever had the 'honorable' opportunity to experience that, still it wouldn't be surprising if that happened to one of their mates.

As Mr Gomes kept on blabbering about some stupid physical phenomenon about light, and stating how books were utterly useless when there existed great teachers like him, the students couldn't care less. Well, with the sole exception of Emily's squad, who were actually paying attention in the teachers incessant rants and jotting down notes. The rest were yawning, others were doodling, and few, only the rebellious ones were whispering-among them were Monica and her gang.

Another old gossip had suddenly resurfaced a and the four girls went wild. Apparently, Katie Parker, who had cheated on her boyfriend with her best friend's ex, last month, had suddenly declared that she'd be taking a break from social media for mental peace. Now that's some spicy information. Considering her utterly scandalous character and attention-seeking nature, it was very very odd for Katie Parker to be leaving social media-well, unless something terribly nasty might have happened.

Currently, our four girls were pondering over what that 'terribly nasty' thing was. There were many many possibilities, and they were absolutely wild. This was way more important. Why did the Katie Parker shut herself off?

" I smell, that something definitely happened between her and her best friend ? Have y'all seen the way they glare at each other in the cafeteria? " Angelina squeaked

" Yeah maybe. I kinda feel that she might have actually regretted her choices and decided to take a break you know, just to free up her mind and start afresh " Anastasia said softly, upholding her ever-so-kind demeanor.

" Nah girls I think she's found herself a new guy again and she doesn't want anyone to know how big of a whore she is" Sienna suggested, still unsure.

Monica smiled cheekily, before adding " If a girl shut herself off from social media just after her break up and that too without any tangible reason, clearly suggests that she is pregna-"

Before she could complete her sentence, Mr Gomes called her out " Well Miss Williams how about you tell us about the difference between transverse and longitudinal waves? "

Monica's POV:

I gulped. What were we learning again? Oh yeah Sound, it is. Wait which page? Oh shit.

" Miss Williams? The class is waiting for you. " Mr Gomes said slight annoyance in his tone.

Quite obviously, Emily Rhodes hand shot up in the air. Confidence overflowing from her entire demeanor and body language. Gosh why did she always have to be such a know-it-all, suck-up, teachers' pet?

"Uhh yes, Professor. Transverse waves exhibit perpendicular particle motion, forming characteristic waveforms with crests and troughs, while longitudinal waves involve parallel particle motion, resulting in compressions and rarefactions in their waveforms, err yeah. I guess "

"Very well done Miss Williams. Anyone who would like to add on? " Mr. Gomes acknowledged.

As if on que, Emily Rhodes continued "Professor, the frequency of a transverse wave is the number of crests that pass a point in one second. The frequency of a longitudinal wave is the number of wavelengths that pass a fixed point per unit time. " She stated conviction brimming in her tone.

"Ahh of course Miss Rhodes, very well pointed" Mr. Gomes said in awe. I secretly rolled my eyes. Such a narcissist.

No One's POV:

Class was finally over and it was almost five. Monica and her gang had been planning to meet up the following day, after school for a study session at a nearby cafe and they were deciding on which topic to work on first.

"I think Geography would be better as it needs a lot of external research " Sienna stated

"Yeah I believe so too" Monica agreed.

"So Geography, it is then. " Anastasia confirmed, and the others nodded.

" Oh bloody hell, the Headmaster wanted to see me. I'm late" Monica screeched, suddenly realizing.

"When are you not late? " Angelina chuckled, clearly amused at Monica's carelessness.

" Just Go Already, gurll, Run Run. You'll get a scolding or else" The other two forced her, laughing.

"Yeah yeah " Monica said groaning. As she was already jogging on her way to the Headmaster's office, as her friends cracked up behind her, at her silliness.

Monica's POV:

"May I come in Headmaster. I'm terrible sorry for my late arrival" I said softly, pushing the door of the Headmaster's office and peeking my head through the gap.

"Oh yes yes, of course you may, miss Williams, we were just waiting for you. Please take a seat." The old headmaster said warmly.

As I entered, I saw Emily Rhodes sitting in front of the headmaster, glaring at me, clearly annoyed at my lateness.
I rolled my eyes at her ignoring her, and took my seat beside her in front of the headmaster, calmly.

Oh only if I had known what was awaiting me.

»»——⍟——««