4

I step out of my car and Rosé runs up to me.

She tackles me in a hug and whispers in my ear, "A famous paparazzi is here. I saw him when I got out of my car."

She pulls away with a big smile and I just stare at her.

Her resemblance to Rosie is so uncanny.

She holds my hand and pulls me into the café we agreed to meet at.

She pulls out a chair for me and I stare at her suspiciously before sitting and she sits across from me.

"What did you want to talk about?" She asks excitedly, all full of energy.

"I googled you," I say simply and her smile falters.

"H-How did that go for you?"

I smirk. "So you are aware of your reputation?"

Rosé sighs and says while counting each one off her finger, "Yes. I'm well aware that I am a boxer, Homewrecker, bitch, and play girl. And now apparently, that's too horrible to inherit a big fortune."

I shake my head. "I looked at other articles and people are just confused with what you would do with that money."

I see the exact moment I hit a sore spot as she sits straighter and leans away. "Well. That's none of their business."

"But you'll tell me?" I ask.

Rosé swallows and says, "I'm hiring you to find a murderer. Not to get into my personal life."

"Ummm...you kinda did. I'm supposed to be your fake girlfriend remember?"

"That's separate."

I stare at her in confusion.

She rolls her eyes. "Look. You don't need to know what happens with the money. You just need to know what happens to me okay?"

I nod. "Fine. But I came here to talk about boundaries okay?"

She leans forward. "Do you have trust issues?"

I cross my arms. "How did you know?"

She gestures to all of me. "You have that vibe."

This woman!—the resemblance between Rosie and her might be the same physically but Rosé is no where near how classy or respectful Rosie had been to me. This dark haired woman is rash and impulsive.

"You absolutely can't kiss me without asking. I don't care where we are. With family or not."

She nods once. "Of course. Consent is hot!" She winks but turns serious. "But yeah of course."

"I can accompany you anywhere you want. I'll be your personal bodyguard. Except I will in no shape or form—ever—dance."

That makes her snort out a laugh. "You don't like to dance?"

"I find it horrible and I have terrible coordination."

"Yet you're a cop and you're going to protect me? You're not selling yourself very well Lisa."

I tighten my jaw.

It's so weird how smoothly I used to be able to be with Rosie but with Rosé everything is just CLASH! BANG! CLANG!

"Is that all?" Rosé asks.

I shake my head. "I will only hold hands. And hugs are fine. No extreme touches."

She raises an eyebrow. "What do you mean by extreme?"

"Do you realize that you're annoying?"

"Says the 40 year old woman to the 30 year old. Of course I'm annoying to you! We have a 10 year age gap!"