20

|Rosé|

I stayed in a hotel for the night, crying my eyes out until they became puffy and then fell asleep in exhaustion.

I paid one of the maids to buy me sunglasses and wore those as I came out to heavy beating rain, thinking there would be paparazzi.

There were a few. The tabloid ones that like to mock and stalk me.

"Who did you sleep with this time Rosé?"

"How do the kids at the hospital feel about being a slut?"

I have to physically stop myself from punching that guy and ending up all over the tabloids...again.

Veronica deserved it that one time when she was telling me lies about Hyeri. I couldn't believe her and that shit she was making up.

"Did you break up with your girlfriend?"

"Ohhhh! Good one! I bet that woman realized how much of a cheater she is!"

I stop in my tracks as last night's pain washes over me again. I feel my throat close up in emotion.

"What the fuck is happening here?!"

I look up and Veronica is striding over in her business suit with her car parked a few feet away.

The shit reporters stop asking question and taking pictures as she walks over. Veronica always had a way of silencing people with just a few words.

She stands in front of me, takes in my sunglasses and thrown together look and mutters, "You look like shit."

I scoff. "Thanks so much Ronny."

She rolls her eyes and takes my purse. "Let's go back to the castle."

She tugs me to her as her calling the mansion a castle reminds me of Lisa and I sob out once.

"Oh dear lord!" She says and shoves me into the car.

I get pushed to the very side and fist my hands together tightly in my lap as I cry.

Veronica shuts the door and sighs heavily. "You're hopeless."

"Very true."

I look up and see Walter looking at me through the rear view mirror but he quickly looks away.

I sniffle and chuckle. "Great. My two siblings that hate me are the ones here to comfort me."

Walter starts driving and says, "By the way, we don't hate you. You made it your mission to hate us. Ronny and I didn't do anything."

I cross my arms over my chest. "You both decide to have an intervention the day after my heart gets broken?"

"Walt, stop and let me speak," Veronica says.

"You're shit at talking," he mutters.

She gives him a fake smile. "You are too." She looks at me and I finally see her turn sympathetic.

"That bad huh?"

I chuckle and sniffle again. "Yeah. You could say that."