So... Welcome Back...?

Welcome back to this cringey story I wrote way too quickly for my own good and mostly came up with on the fly! I would like to say thanks for reading way back when I was a cringey 13-year-old with what I called "NOT" a Mary-Sue of an Undertale OC. If you weren't around then, you have been spared all the chaos my young, teenage girl brain just spit out in a month on here. It's been like 6 years since then and I have already said this book would get an overhaul but, I've been putting it off for a while since I lacked the motivation to come back and do it. Also, most of my creative energy was going into other projects like Q&A books, Mettaton x Readers, art, writing my own AU, homemade decorations, perler beads, and Minecraft. I'm sorry for keeping you all waiting this long just to see this and I'll try to put more into this book while altering a few things.

Now that that's out of the way, I'd like to reintroduce myself since this book was my very first book that has ever gotten posted online. Most of you know me and others don't while only a few of you know the most about me since you have stuck around that long. Anyway, I'm Kai the weird, autistic artist and your chaotic friend and guide. If you're wondering what my actual name is, you may have seen it a year or two ago on here and I'm gonna have to ask you not to share it please. Kai is just what my friends and family call me. I only changed it on here to be safer and bc I wanted to. It lines up with my Insta and maybe a few communities I'm in on Amino.

This story you're about to read was originally titled "The Royal Performance" and I'm not sure if it should stay like that. Part of me thinks it should change while the rest says it should stay. Yeah, maybe the title does sound a little cringey. But I was in 9th grade when I wrote this, guys. I was 13 and 14 when this book was in progress. I think I could do better but, what do you think?

Anyhoo, a majority of the original plot will stay the same while some of it will be changed or fixed. I feel like I left a few plot holes that I'd like to fill. Not to mention, a few characters in this book aren't mine exactly and I only used them because I knew who created them irl. The creator of Uni's best friend in high school in this book is my best friend from high school and also the only peer I felt close with back then. Chara was also based off her then-boyfriend because she was simping for Chara at the time. Will Rosie and Chara still be in this book? Probably not. They will most likely be replaced by Hoth and Digger. I may give them a brief mention or small cameo but, they won't be central to the plot, unlike before.

If I add Hoth and Digger to replace Rosie and Chara, I'd like to hint at a possible romance there as well even if it won't be entirely true with their relationship now. Now, that would set up a basis for future books involving Digger x Spamton and Hoth x Pixelle since those are two ships I wanna do more with. But that's only if you wanna see what happens when Uni picks Mettaton and the crew meets Spamton. Maybe even more of Hoth refining Pixelle's code and body to ensure her day-to-day functioning properly. This whole rewrite could spark a whole series and I wanna see where it goes.

For now, let's just completely redo Uniqua meeting Mettaton and everything she does to ensure no one can see through her. Will there be any spoilers for Rpyaltale in the rewrite? I hope not because I'd have to go change up some of my notes for that book. Any feedback you have for how I should go about redoing this book is appreciated and welcomed. Just leave it in the comments or pm me about your suggestions. I'm super excited to revive this work and show it to more people. I hope you guys share it around with people from other fandoms because I won't just be writing an Undertale fanfic. I'll be spreading awareness of a huge issue and the trauma that comes from it and I'd like to educate as many as possible. But before I start taking down the chapters of this book, go ahead and give them one final read while they're still up. Those of you who have only recently followed my in the past two or three years, this will be your first read so proceed at your own risk.

Edit: All previous chapters and announcements in the book have been removed and are being rewritten. The prologue is out and I'm trying something a little different from last time. Instead of third-person, I'm writing from Uniqua's perspective mostly. This means there will be puns, jokes, references, slang, and pure chaos. I also won't make high school a major part of the plot and setting anymore. I wanna focus more on Uni's growth from pre-graduation to her coronation and highlight how talking about buried feelings helps one learn about themselves, especially after life-changing events and traumatic experiences.