Ch. 1: Sweet Dreams Or Dark Nightmares?

So there I was, sleeping somewhat peacefully in my bed. Please don't ask what I was dreaming about. That's not important here. What is important is the fact I got a phone call from one of my friends. As much as I wanted to stay in bed, I had a feeling this had something to do with some criminal causing trouble. So, I answered the call.

"Uniqua! You have to get down to Mettaton's studio immediately!" shouted a gruff voice on the other end. I could recognize Undyne's voice from anywhere.

Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I replied "What's happening there? It's 4 in the morning." That's when it all clicked. Father escaped Mt. Ebbott again and he was targeting my friends. We've been keeping tabs on his whereabouts for the past two months and this was his eighth attempt. Once Undyne relayed the events to me, I quickly got out of bed and sprinted to my closet. I moved hangers and boxes around until the secret compartment behind me opened to reveal my armor. I snatched it off the mannequin and put it on before darting towards the doors to my balcony. I used a pulse of my magic to open them and I flew out. I was now on my way to the studio to take down Father.

By the time I reached the studio, I had a feeling I may have been too late. But that's impossible when I can use a spell to increase my speed or teleport. I scanned the area from above, searching for any unusual activity before meeting up with Undyne and the ground troops. "Has Father gotten inside yet?" I asked once I landed. I had gotten my answer when I heard a loud crash from inside. Mettaton must've been attempting to fight him off. Undyne only confirmed such and I proceeded to enter the building.

I searched every hall and room as I followed the sounds of clanging metal, clicking heels, and screaming. It seemed as if they moved further away every time I drew close. I didn't let that stop me and continued to look for them. Soon, I found myself flying up the stairs and bursting through the steel doors that led to the rooftop. This was where I found them.

Father and Mettaton had definitely been fighting and it didn't look like they'd be stopping anytime soon. What's that? You were expecting Mettaton to be weak? This dude fought a child on TV with nothing but his own hands and legs. I saw the whole thing and it was still awesome even if he lost. If you thought he wasn't much of a fighter, please leave and let the door hit you on the way out. Hopefully, that will knock some sense into you.

Anyway, this is where I jumped in to help him. I drew my sword and blocked Father's oncoming attack. I then summoned my own barrage of sharp crystals and sent them towards the opposing roach. The flurry of crystals launched him onto the roof next-door. I watched the old tyrant as he stumbled to his feet, struggling to regain his footing.

"Thank you for getting here so quickly, darling!" Mettaton thanked me, attempting to hug me. I moved away since I was still in fight mode. I'm always in fight mode. The robot looked a little hurt that I avoided his attempt at affection. "Why did you back away from me?" he asked in a concerned voice, maintaining a safe distance "We've known each other for nearly five years."

I turned my attention away from him before responding. "One, you just tried to hug me while I'm working, which you know doesn't fly with me and the other mystic guards." I began, my own voiced warped by my helmet "Two, you just tried to take me by surprise while I'm holding a large blade. Neither of those are good ideas on their own and you know this because I told you a hundred times."

I heard him scoff as he started making his way back down to the lobby of the studio. "Fine, continue to hide your feelings under that armored shell." Mettaton quipped "It's not like I'm expecting you to comply with anything too risqué."

I felt my face heat up quite a lot. Why would he say something like that around the very man who forced me into situations like that when I was a kid? Sometimes, I ask myself why I decided to let him into my friend group and this is one of those times. I quickly snapped my attention to the celebrity in a rage. I wasn't gonna put up with any of his shtick today.