Ophelia (4)

It was the second day of classes and Demian was looking forward to it. He had sword practice after his morning economics class.

The class was rather boring and acted as a touch up of what he already knew. What was interesting was finding out that Remi Sato and the guy who acted as his bodyguard were betas.

In Oakswood Academy, alphas and betas were allowed to take classes together, and betas and omegas were allowed to take classes together but not alphas and omegas. That only happened for special classes or events like the hunting trip they'll be taking in three months.

The hunting trip was a two day event where students had to camp out in the Evershire Woods. They would be teamed up in groups of four and the goal was to hunt as many magical beasts as they could. This was something that Demian and a lot of other students were looking forward to.

When economics ended, Demian gathered his belongings and made his way to the training field. There was a shower room that also acted as a locker room.

Demian walked in. A lot of the other students were already there and changing into their training outfits, which was a thick brown long sleeve shirt and pants that had magical enchantments on them to help protect the wearer.

Remi was also there. He was standing in the farthest corner inside the large room and was currently taking the jacket and button up shirt of his uniform off.

Demian was in the middle of averting his eyes for some strange reason when a patch of pale skin caught his eye. Remi was surprisingly slender compared to most of the guys there but that didn't mean he was overly skinny. The smooth skin was tight and Demian could make out a firm, slight build of muscle.

His line of sight was suddenly blocked when Remi slipped his training shirt on. Feeling embarrassed and as if he had been caught doing something he shouldn't have, Demian averted his gaze and focused on changing out of his uniform.

Once the students were changed and out on the training field. The teacher, a former mercenary, led them to where a bunch of training dummies were located.

"I want to test each of your basic combat skills. This particular class session will be held without swords. Each dummy has been imbued with protection magic and is capable of basic movement. Each student, please stand in front of a dummy and when I whistle, you will begin attacking. No magic," the teacher added that last sentence like it was an afterthought.

Demian walked up and took his place in front of a training dummy. He noticed Remi sliding into place in front of the dummy besides Demian's with a bounce in his step. And that other kid that was always with Remi slid on Remi's other side with a hard look on his face. 

Demian was starting to wonder if the two of them were more than friends. It's not like being with the same gender is uncommon though with them both being betas it was a little unusual but nothing to bat an eye over. He chanced a look at the two of them again and shook that silly thought out of his head. The beta with purple eyes, he really couldn't remember his name, treated Remi more like a younger brother that needed protecting or a young master he was serving.

Remi was from a noble family wasn't he? Demian was pretty sure a female alpha had asked him that during their economic class.

The whistle sounded and Demian immediately cleared his head of all thoughts. He got into stance at the same time the wooden dummy in front of him did.

Demian through a right punch. The dummy blocked his move while simultaneously throwing a punch. He used his left arm to block while sending out a kick to sweep the dummy off its legs.

The dummy jumped, avoiding the move. One of its legs swung out while it was in mid air and almost connected with Demian's chin. It would have been a hit if Demian hadn't dodged in time.

He and dummy traded blows, successful and unsuccessful blocks and dodges until the whistle let out a loud shrill. All the dummies stopped moving and came to a stop.

Out of the corner of his eyes, Demian saw Remi flop down onto the ground, breathing heavily after that forty minute workout. His brown hair was as black as night with how much it was coated in sweat and was plastered to his forehead. There was a purple bruising maring his pale skin just below his jaw.

Demian looked towards Remi enviously, just seconds away from plopping down next to him. But before he could act on it, the purple haired beta pulled Remi up by the arm while scolding him and dusting off his clothes. Demian was starting to think that beta was just the mother hen sort of type.

The teacher dismissed them from practice after a small lecture and mistakes he pointed out that each student made.

Demian rushed to the showers, ready to get the sweat off of him. His alpha reflexes helped him get to the shower room first with three other students. Why the mad rush was because there were only ten stalls and twenty-three students in their class.

"Yes!" He heard Remi's voice just as entered the shower. Remi must have made it in time to grab the first round of showers.

Demian quickly undressed. He turned the handle on the shower head to release the water. They were able to have running water and could even adjust the temperature thanks to runes. 

After the quickest scrub down he had ever had in his life, Demian towel dried himself before getting dressed. He had been quick enough and smart enough to grab a towel and his school uniform before heading into the showers. It seemed that not everyone had the foresight to do so. A few of the students were walking out of the showers still soaked and stark naked.

Remi had just exited out of the last shower stall. His sunset colored eyes rounded and the tips of his ears flushed pink. The beta that was always with him threw a towel over top of his head before entering into the stall himself.

Demian chuckled at the sight of Remi's hair after he struggled to pull the towel off.

"Don't laugh at me," Remi huffed when he noticed Demian. "You have no clue of my struggles right now."

Demian felt his muscles locking up as Remi's words hit him. He looked around the locker room and realized that it probably really was a struggle for the beta if he really was into men.

"Hmm, does that mean you'll get with a male omega?" Demian asked. He didn't mean to voice his question out loud but was unable to bite down on his curiosity. Maybe the reason why R.A. Sato was so knowledgeable about omegas was because he was interested in them romantically and reproductively.

Remi's cheeks flushed a glorious shade of red. "No. . .alphas." He mumbled his words so quietly that Demian could only pick out some of what he said with all the noise surrounding them.

"What was that?"

Remi shot him a glare, though his face was still red. How could this mischievous, bold boy be so shy when it comes to certain things.

"I said that I prefer alphas," Remi bit out in practically a growl.

The beta that always stuck to Remi's side finished his shower just then. He glared at Demian after finding his friend looking like he did, which was like a cat with its hair sticking up and claws extended.

Demian held his hands up in a sign of surrender. "I didn't do anything," the chuckle in his voice didn't help him any.

*  *  *  *