four

Rosie's smile lasts until she sits at her desk and remembers the black garter kissing Jennie's thigh. She lowers her head to the desk and groans to herself.

The rest of the day is a slow hell for Rosie. As much as she'd like to admit otherwise, she knows that she'll be fucking her brains out the minute she gets home from delivering The Book. It can't come soon enough -- she can't come soon enough. Her thighs are already slick.

She spends the day trying not to think of Jennie in every sexual position imaginable, some of which are not even anatomically possible. She fails miserably.

She's been doing research into lesbian sex. Not because she anticipates having any, but because she can't not look. She'd always sort of thought going down on a woman might be kinda weird and messy, but the more she thinks about it, the more she's aching for it. It's becoming a sort of obsession for Rosie. She can't stop thinking about what Jennie might taste like. What if she went down on her and hated it? Or, worse, was awful at it?

Not that she'll be performing cunnilingus on Jennie Kim, because she obviously won't be, but what else is she supposed to think about when killing time?

By the time she's collected Jennie's dry-cleaning and is sitting in the back of the town car, she's so turned on she could scream. She needs to think of something else so she doesn't do something crazy like make a pass at Jennie in her house with her husband and kids nearby. She stares at the back of Jaemin's head, counts the raindrops on the window, hums a SZA song, and drops her head back against the seat with a thump. She wonders if Jennie gets off to her clitoris being sucked.

Her phone chirps in the pocket of her jacket and after some wriggling, she manages to pull it out. It's Lisa. Hello, distraction. "Hey, Lisa. What's up?"

"Hey, Rosie. I'm glad I caught you." Her voice is reserved. Lisa's voice is never reserved. 98% of the time she's chipper and upbeat, unless she has bad news. Uh oh.

"What's wrong? What happened?"

"Look...it's not my place to tell you but I know I'd wanna know if it were me..."

"Out with it, Lisa."

"You know Jungkook's seeing that girl, right? Mijoo?"

Rosie rolls her eyes. "How could I forget? I'm surprised he had the decency to wait a few weeks after breaking up with me before he boned her." She snorts. "For all I know, he probably didn't."

"That's not fair, Rosie."

"Oh come on. Please don't defend him."

"Look....Rosie..."

"You're freaking me out here. What happened? They didn't run off and get married, did they?"

"No..."

"Good. It's been three months since we broke up and he's been with her for what, two and a half?"

"Yeah."

"I never thought he'd be the type to just shack up with someone else. It's only a matter of time before he gets sick--"

"She's pregnant."

"--of her. What?"

"She's pregnant."

"Yeah, uh, I heard that part."

"I just found out about it. He said he was gonna call you, but I wanted you to be prepared."

"Is he--um--are they--"

"As far as I know, they're keeping it. He seems pretty excited."

"Well. Good for him. Them. Good for them. I hope they're happy with their furry little babies."