Chapter 39

"I've never seen Akamaru disobey Kiba," Naruto said as you walked past Kiba and followed him and the rest of the people back into the house.

"Oh? Is that so?" you asked.

Naruto nodded. "Yeah. He always listens to Kiba, how'd you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Make Akamaru go to you instead of Kiba?"

You put a finger to your mouth, signalling him to be quiet. Naruto looked around and nodded. You waved him closer and put your mouth beside his ear.

"It's a secret!" you whispered.

Naruto fell beside you, because he tripped over a pair of boots. "Aw come on!" he whined as he got up. "Aiko! You have to tell me!"

You laughed. "Nope! You won't be able to do it anyway."

"What?" Naruto pouted and crossed his arms. "Fine! Be like that!"

You smiled and followed Kakashi to another room of the house, the dining room. He set Itachi down on one of the cushions and sat himself on another beside Itachi. You took the seat on the other side of Itachi and the rest of the people filed into the room, sitting where there was room. The last one in was Kiba. He glared at you lightly but then took the last seat.

"Are you sulking Kiba?" Sai asked as he grabbed his chopsticks. "You shouldn't, just because you lost to a girl."

Kiba growled. "Shut up Sai! What would you know?! Sakura has punched you before! So better to shut it!"

"Oh my," Sai said with a fake smile. "Did I get on your nerves?"

"Why you-!"

"Kiba, calm down," the other boy said. "Why you ask? Because you might tear the house down if you get worked up."

Kiba sighed. "Gosh Shino, you're so confusing with the way you speak," he said as he sat down and dug into his food.

You turned to Itachi. He wasn't eating, just staring at the food in the bowl before him. You grabbed the chopsticks and picked a bit of his food.

"Say ah," you said with a smile while you held the chopsticks in front of his mouth. He blinked and backed up a little. He turned and gave you a questioning look. "What? You're not eating," you said as you placed his chopsticks back in his bowl and grabbed your cup.

~Itachi~

Itachi watched as Aiko drank her water. He got an idea into his mind and didn't put much thought into it as he slowly moved his hand back, up, and gently smacked the back of Aiko's head. Her eyes widened and she leaned forward, coughing and holding a hand to her mouth as she placed the cup down. Itachi cracked a small smile while some of the shinobi at the table began to laugh and others asked if she was okay.

"Just you... just you wait until we get home," Aiko gasped out. "I'll get back at you then."

Itachi let out a low chuckle. "Sure thing," he whispered.

~Aiko~

"I didn't know you fooled around like that," Naruto said as he handed you a napkin. You took it and wiped your mouth.

"Well now you know," you replied. Naruto nodded.

"I'm surprised you're not dead yet," Kiba commented.

You glared lightly at him. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Come on, S-ranked criminals and you're... how old are you?"