Chapter 21

"Hidan stop! You've done enough already!" you yelled but your pleas fell on deaf ears. Your eyes widened as the rod made contact with Hidan's skin, piercing right through his heart. Asuma gasped and slowly started to fall.

"No, NO! ASUMA!!!" Shikamaru yelled.

"Hidan," you whispered. Your head turned towards the ground, your clenched fists shook. "You... bastard."

You slowly looked back up to see Hidan's skin go back to its normal peach color. He put the rod away and turned towards Kakuzu.

"All done here, what about you?" he asked.

"Just give me a minute," Kakuzu replied.

Your eyes traveled to the two shinobi Kakuzu was holding, and then to Shikamaru. He was desperately trying to get up, to get to Asuma. Your eyebrows furrowed and you felt tears stinging your eyes.

"You," Shikamaru finally got to his feet. "You're gonna pay for this!" He charged at Kakuzu but Kakuzu only threw one of the two shinobi at him, sending him back to the ground. Something crashed onto the ground and brought your attention back to Kakuzu. The mace that shinobi had been holding disappeared in a puff of smoke. A small, black feather fell in front of your vision. You reached up and grabbed it. Suddenly, there crows flying in from all directions and obscuring your vision.

"Go away," you whispered. The crows around you got away but the ones around Hidan and Kakuzu stayed there, not allowing them to see anything.

"Hey princess!" Hidan yelled. You turned your head towards him. He was swinging his scythe around, trying to get the crows away from him. "Do something about these crows will ya?!"

You frowned. "Solve your own problems Hidan," you retorted. He raised an eyebrow but continued to fight off the crows.

You felt four new chakras. You turned towards where Kakuzu was, there was a man dressed in black cloak with scars running on one cheek and a blonde girl with a purple shirt and purple skirt beside Shikamaru. You looked to where Asuma's body was and saw a chubby young man with red shirt, gray pants and long brown hair picking him up. You looked behind you and saw another man with dark shades, a green vest, navy blue pants and black hair. He was making a hand sign while holding one hand in the air. He must be the one commanding the crows. You thought and looked back at the birds. A small smirk made its way onto your features. Reinforcements, finally.

The chubby boy took Asuma up onto the restroom building while the blonde young woman took Shikamaru up there as well.

"Don't let your guard down Choji," you hear the man say. More crows came and Kakuzu and Hidan jumped away. You jumped back as some crows came zooming towards you. You landed beside Hidan.

"Ugh. Reinforcements," Hidan muttered. The crows suddenly blow up and a white cloud of smoke replaced them.

Kakuzu jumped onto the building roof where the shinobi were. You watched as he engaged in a simple Taijutsu fight with the crow handler. The man with the scars and the one with a bandage over his nose, Kotetsu, still stood before you and Hidan.

"You can fight it all you want," Hidan started. You turned your attention back to the two shinobi before you. "You're still going to end up as part of my sacred ritual. And that's why-"

"He's calling," you interrupted.

"Come on," Hidan whined. "I only need a little more time sir. We're just about to get to the good part here."

"We should go," you said.

Hidan placed a hand on his head. "Please sir, just a few more minutes! Is that really so much to ask?!"