Chapter 55

I have to get out of here, I have to get away. What if they're the ones after me?

   "Yeah we're from the Hidden Cloud, you got a problem with that?" the woman asked, still holding the sword to Sakura's neck. Sai ducked and Naruto let go of you to grab the sword on Sai's back. He swung it the Cloud Shinobi but the man blocked it. The woman jumped over him and swung at Naruto.

   "Don't kill him!" the man told her.

   "I know," she answered and flipped the sword so the dull side would hit Naruto. A shadow clone of Naruto appeared and caught her sword. Sakura and Sai ran at either side of the Cloud shinobi and attacked. The man kicked Sakura away.

   "Sakura!" Naruto called out and went for her. The Cloud took this distraction as an opportunity and destroyed the shadow clone as they jumped away.

   "I got her!" you told Naruto and forced yourself to move. You caught Sakura before she could get any serious injuries. "Are you alright?"

   "Their headbands... you're right Aiko," she said. "They're from the Hidden Cloud."

   "What the heck do you guys want?!" Naruto demanded as he stood beside you and Sakura. 

   "We just overheard you guys talking about Sasuke Uchiha," the man answered. "We wanna know about him and you're gonna tell us."

   "Why? What does all this have to do with you Cloud ninja anyway?" Sakura asked.

   "A whole lot! 'Cuz Sasuke Uchiha of the Leaf assaulted the Hidden Cloud village!" the man shouted and pointed at the four of you. Sakura, Sai, and Naruto all gasped.

   "You heard him! Your rogue shinobi kidnapped our beloved master!" the woman shouted. "We don't even know if he's dead or alive!"

   "Sasuke... that's a lie," Sakura whispered. "Sasuke wouldn't... why would he ever do something like that?!"

   "How the hell should we know the Akatsuki's motives?" the man demanded. Your eyes widened. That's why he was recruited. They wanted him and those with him to go after the eight tails of the Cloud.

   "The Akatsuki?" Naruto asked. You knew he decided to play along and you would too, unless you wanted to be captured which certainly wasn't the case. "What are you talking about?"

   "Ugh!  You guys are trying my patience!" the woman shouted. You jumped slightly when she pointed at the group. "Of course Sasuke is a member of the Akatsuki!"

   Your fists clenched and you slowly stood. "Why you—!"

   "Aiko!" Sakura pulled you back down and whispered harshly, "Stay put. You don't want them finding out do you?"

   You clenched your teeth. "I know Sakura but—"

   "But nothing, you told Naruto to keep his cool and the same goes for you," she said sternly. 

   "It's because you let your rogue ninja run loose that Lord Raikage dispatched us here!" the man went on shouting. "We've already gotten the Hokage's permission to get rid of him! We will avenge our master."

   "We will hunt down Sasuke," the woman added. 

   "And what good would that do you?!" you shouted and stood, glaring at the shinobi. They stared at you hatefully.

   "Shut up Leaf! You have no idea what we're—"

   "I know exactly what you're going through!" you interrupted. "You think I haven't felt this before? The pain of losing someone precious to us... the hate that follows and the desire for revenge?! All humans have experienced it!" you narrowed your eyes at the shinobi. "And some, from their own village."