Chapter 1. The Stone

Ozone

"I'm telling you it was real!" I yelled, "Then for the last time prove it!" Aura yelled. I was so fed up with nobody believing me. "Shade you've gotta have some common sense, wasn't I right about everything else?". "Yeah," Shade grumbled, "So why do you think I'll be wrong this time? I saw it with my own eyes, it had the wings and talons of an eagle, the head of a wolf, and the naked body of a human. It was three times the size of me!" "So what, your fairytale doesn't make my situation any better!" Aura yelled. "Woah, guys there's no reason to yell like that." Drag intervened. "Besides, Ozone, you still need to take me to the stone so I can decipher it, so either way we'll find out if it's real or not," he said. "Fine, but the rest of you will come to see it," I grumbled.

When we reach the cabin, Polar says "So, you weren't lying about the cabin. Let's see if you were lying about the rest,". We sat in the living room and when we were comfortable decided that it was time for us to eat. We ate and then I led them through a surprisingly twisting set of hallways and rooms that hadn't been here before. It was as if a strange ancient energy was leading me one way and telling me not to go the others. It took a while, but when we got there the door that I walked through was gone, as if it was replaced by a wall overnight. "No! No! No!" I banged on the wall repeatedly. "It was here, I swear it was here," I cried. "I believe you," Shade said. "You do?" I asked, "Yeah, but if you're wrong about this, I get to call you delusional for the rest of the year.," he grumbled. "Let me try," Blaze offered. "I see this kind of stuff in spy movies. It's a fake wall, they slide open," he continued. He pushed it open and we rushed into the room. "See, I told you it was a fake wall," he said. "Nice job, you got us in alive," I joked though we just would've come back later and eventually figured it out. "So this is what you were talking about," Drag said. As he walked over the stone he said "It seems like Cuneiform but it's not wedgy enough. It looks like it might not be from this world, it's probably something similar to Standard Galactic Writing and Cuneiform. Probably an advanced race, most likely the Endoburn, or Cristonian,".

I couldn't argue with anything Drag said when it came to languages. Especially ancient ones. "So, you gonna choose which language it is yet," I asked. "This is so weird, it's not any language I know." Woah. You only hear those words once in a blue moon, when it comes to Drag. Then he reached out to touch the thing, and the second he made contact with it, he fell unconscious. "Well that's super weird, I'm gonna go in after him," I said, because this kind of thing has happened before, and it was a dreamland that I had to drag him out of, and we've had a special connection since. I touched the ancient writing and plunged deep down into unconsciousness.

The next thing I knew I woke up standing in a void. Drag was also there, surrounded by the aura of a dragon. I looked at myself and found myself surrounded by a stormy aura. The rest of the guys come in and then we're all waiting on Aura. Finally, Aura comes in. I notice that we all have auras related to an element, and then I realize that our names are related to an elemental power. Ocean, water, Blaze, fire, Polar, ice, Aura, solar, Ozone, storm, Shade, shadow, RG (Rock Groundvault), earth, Drag, dragon, Kron, time, Static, tech.

It was like we were made for this. "Guys!" I yell out to them. "Guys!" "Yeah?" Ocean answers. "Look down!" I yell out to them. "Holy..." Kron mutters. Suddenly the void starts to shake and cracks snake through the ceiling and we depend on each other for support. "Hold on!" RG yells. The ceiling gives in and the void collapses leaving us in complete darkness.