Chapter 3. Pain I

Ozone

After training for a while, Chris lets me go back with the guys but says to not tell anybody about this, until our first battle. "Where were you?" Aura asks me. "I'm not allowed to disclose that information," I say in a robotic voice. "You're acting weird," he tells me. I hope he can't tell that I'm sweating under my training outfit, cause I never sweat like that. "Why are you sweating so much?" he asks. "Cause. Just cause," I say. I try to slink away, but he grabs me by the collar, slams me into a wall, and asks very forcefully, "What are you hiding?" he asks. "Nothing," I say plainly, hoping that he'll believe me and just leave me alone, but he just asks again, "What are you hiding?!". I get furious and find myself muttering words in Ancient Celestial, and suddenly it's as if lightning is coursing through me and I can't control it, but I also won't. The lighting in me shoots its way through my hands, and I close the circuit and place my hands on Aura's wrists and my eyes flash and... BOOM. The lightning found its way to Aura's body and blew him backward, unconscious. "Lighting is 10 times hotter than the sun,' I say, as a joke and as a warning. I walk away and never notice the black storm cloud above me.

3 days later...

After the lightning incident with Aura, he was placed on a stretcher and wheeled away to the hospital. I am allowed to see him once before they drag him into surgery. He tells me "Hi," and doesn't seem to remember what happened. We talk for a while before it's time for him to go into surgery and before the drugs pull him under, I tell him "It's not too late to save her," And we both know that "her" means his sister Aurora, who's working with the villains. Chris and his brother Max, are working on him. They fix his burned skin and are presented with a problem when they see his broken ribs and slowing heart. They work furiously for three days without a break, until he wakes. The surgery has been finished, and Aura is now almost half technology. When I'm allowed to see him, they place gloves on my hands that restrict my storm powers, and let me go in the room. The first thing Aura says is "You could've killed me," "I know, I wasn't thinking straight." I say apologetically. " And I heard you," he says. "Lighting is 10 times hotter than the sun," he mocks. "It's true though." I joke. "I am hotter than you." "Since when?" he says. "That's so offensive!!" I yell.

After training and seeing Aura, Shade comes up to me and says "We need to talk," which is weird because that means he knows I've been avoiding him about what happened around 2 weeks ago. Let me fill you in. You see, I was sleeping when Shade pulled my foot from under my bed and pulled me under. Before I even had a chance to protest he kissed me. It was warm and comforting and it made me want another, but I snapped myself back to reality, and I pushed him away before he had time to explain. He left wordlessly, sensing my confusion and anger. He was supposed to be my best friend and only that. I could tell that I had hurt him, but I just couldn't care. I had other things to focus on. I hadn't talked to him in the last few days. "I know that it was unexpected, I just had to do it at least once. I love you, I do. Just give me a chance," he says. "No," I say with a harsh voice "I can't right now," I say. I walk off, more angry than ever, about his question, everything. I manage to catch the hurt expression on his face, and his hand raising before everything goes black.