Chapter 2. The New World

Ozone

4 hours later...

When we wake up, we're all covered in a thick layer of stardust and pitch-black dust. "Are you guys okay?" I ask. "Yeah," Static says. "Role call," I yell. "Aura?" "Sup," he says. "Shade?" "Yeah?" he grumbles "Blaze?" "Hmm?" Blaze mutters. "Kron?" "Kron you there?" "Haha, got you," he says. " "Drag?" "You know I'm here," he says. "Ocean?" "Flowing like a river" he jokes. "Polar?" "Kinda cold here," he shivers. "RG?" "Earth..." he mutters. "Static?" "Hi, Ozone," he mumbles distantly. "Where are we?" RG asks. "Maybe he can tell us," Static says. "Who?" I ask. "Me." a man says. " You're not from around here. Where are you from?" he asks "Earth," Kron says "You mean the distant planet that we detected in a different universe a few years ago? Anyways, my name is Chris Airvault and this is my friend Itachi Kuranats. Don't make fun of his name. He'll snap your neck in less than a second." he said. "You bet I will," Itachi says. "Well, you seem to have elemental powers. Most of you." he says "You're going to be coming with us. Can't risk anybody seeing you." Chris says while he pulls out a stun gun. Suddenly I have a bad feeling about these people but it's too late to object because we're all knocked out, the last thing I feel is that we are being stuffed into a bag.

I am the last to wake up. I feel it before I know it. "Someone's a heavy sleeper," Itachi says. He's standing in a corner with a training suit on."You knocked us out and stuffed us in a bag! What kind of person does that?" I yell "Shh. And me. I do that." Itachi said, "This is our base for fighting the villains." Chris says. "What villains?" "We've gathered enough intel to say some of them are your friends. We're guessing they're brainwashed, but we don't have enough evidence plus we don't know where their base is, but with you guys on our team, we should be able to capture them," he says. "So me and Cosmo are going to work on your weapons, while Itachi is gonna go train you guys." "Well then, looks like you're all coming with me," he says in a voice that makes me think that he's not as nice as he looks, but I push that feeling away and force myself to follow him to the training room.

After about thirty minutes of training, Cosmo and Chris come out with our weapons. Instead of giving them straight to us, he said "Pick the one that calls out to you most," this confused me, so I used the 5 minutes of training on concentration and found a strange energy that seemed like the one that was calling me to the stone that brought us here. I reach out to the source and find that it's two dragon sword hilts with navy eyes. I touch them, and a magical storm-like energy embraces me as if it's family. I snap my eyes open and find that long black swords have emerged from the hilts. But the hilts are not the same as before. Instead of the uncomfortable, but fashionable chrome, the hilts have changed sensing my emotions and becoming more like the swords in Attack on Titan. I tried swinging them around but they extended like a whip instead, cutting one of the training dummies to pieces. "It's... destructive, innovative," I say but it wasn't like swords in the cabin, which warmed up and got ready to fight, adjusted to the feel of my hands. Then the swords do exactly so, but these feel even better than the swords in the cabin. At last, I found the words to say "I like it,".

I watch as the others find their weapons, Polar gets a machine gun that sprays a wide array of ice darts, and Blaze gets a modified flamethrower with dials to change the heat, and a plasma mode. Kron gets a bow with time arrows in a green quiver, Aura gets a heavy sword with solar engravings on it, Shade gets shurikens with sharp, lethal sides, filled to the brim with poison, Drag gets a dragon charm that when activated, can transform him into a dragon, Ocean gets a trident that comes back to him when he throws it, RG gets rocks cut so fine they're almost impossible to see and an old slingshot, But Static doesn't get a weapon. Instead, he's led outside by Cosmo and Chris. Chris instructs us to stay here and get used to the feel of our new weapons. He also says that they have replacement dummies ready to come in whenever one is broken.

I almost object but instead, I swallow my tongue and start to train.

When Static returns, we can all see that his left hand has been replaced by a prosthetic. He doesn't try to hide it though. He just pretends it's not there. "So, Static, what's your weapon?" I ask him. "My left hand. Here, let me show you," he says. He starts to run one of the dummies, and his left hand starts to glow. He drives his hand straight through the heart of the dummy. It explodes into light and leaves Static with his hand thrust through complete nothingness. "See?" he asks. "You got a good weapon." I softly say. But all too early Cosmo and Chris are calling me and I don't know for what, but I harden my expression and walk with them. I resist the urge to ask them where they are taking me because asking something like that should be childish. After a few minutes of walking, we reached the room that they were taking me to. The room is labeled "Special Training." We walk inside, and he lets me sit down in a chair. "So, what do you think we brought you here for?" Cosmo asks me. "Well, the room is labeled special training, so you guys brought me here to show me something?" I guess. "Precisely," Chris says. "Because you chose the two dragon-hilt swords, we must train you for the modified ODM gear." he continues. "So, I'm gonna be flying around like the people from Attack On Titan!?!?!?" I yell in a voice that I've never used before. Wait. Slow down. That was the first time I've ever heard Cosmo talk. Well, there's a first for everything. "You like it. Hmm. Well let's get to work," Chris says with a look in his eyes. Suddenly the room brightens, and I can see the many outfits they've prepared for us. There are ODM training areas, and even robotic claws that I think Static would like. "Yeah," I mutter. "Hmm? Can't hear you," Chris taunts. "Fine. Let's do this," I yell.