Chapter 4. Pain II

Ozone

When I wake, I can only see Shade's head. "Ozone, Ozone, Ozone wake up," I hear, as my vision and hearing start to work normally again. "Shade?" My voice is wobbly and I feel dizzy. I can't control the pain in my voice. "I'm here," he says, "And I'm gonna stay here," he says as his lips just barely touch my head. "Please," I say drowsily before the drugs pull me back under. When I wake, Shade is gone and only Chris remains. He turns off the machines and helps me up. "Where is he?" I ask, assuming he knows that I'm talking about Shade. "He left, I think he went to train," he says. I don't remember him leaving, but decided to not think about it. Chris leads me towards the room that I share with Shade. I climb into my bed and fall asleep almost immediately.

Shade

After Ozone goes to sleep, I go to the war meeting room and find Chris, Itachi, Max, Cosmo, and a few other people that I don't recognize. Once, Ocean, Aura, and I were in the room. Chris begins the meeting. "The 2nd division reported seeing a young boy with blue hair that faded to purple, and a siphoner aura. The person soon obliterated them, but we managed to get this picture of him. He says "This is the video one of our war drones managed to get," he says. He shows us the video of the boy floating in the air, eyes glowing and aura going from neutral to angry. He outstretches his hand and forms a fist. And it's all the drone can do not to crash and it captures the whole division falling, with eruptions of magma from the core of the planet, gusts of wind picking up soldiers and throwing them to who knows where. "That's, that's my son," Cosmo stutters. Max touches the picture of him, and it opens a profile of what we know about this person. "He's our top priority, we can't afford to lose him." "Meanwhile we have a mission that we need somebody to volunteer for," Itachi says, moving the focus away from this boy who can bring down an entire division with the flick of his hand. "We've tracked down an important person, and with their help, we can bring down villain forces on this planet for good. This will allow us to use the full power of the base and get outta here," he says "We've also managed to hire ourselves and army, and are starting to ally with the rebel forces on villain-occupied planets." he says. "Now," one of the soldiers in the room starts. " Who's going to volunteer for the mission? We need a team of two, to get our important person." I think about this offer. If I die on this mission, it won't matter anyway. What have I got to live for? "I'll go." I surprisingly find myself saying. "I'll go as well," Cosmo's assistant, Norman, says. "Good luck you two, you know this mission will be dangerous, but you have to try and succeed," Max says. "Got it," both me and Norman say, before exiting the room to go on our mission.