𝐢.𝐢𝐢 - 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 (𝐩)

The two girls he'd met earlier at the Big House were sitting on the steps in front of the last cabin to the left, number eleven.

The first one was blonde, with curly ringlets of hair and a deep tan. She seemed to be immersed in a book, but as soon as Percy approached the duo, she looked up fiercely. She seemed to sense that they would approach her, like she was already five steps ahead of them. Percy immediately felt a sense that she was someone he should be scared of.

The second girl was talking quietly with an older looking boy, who had curly brown hair and a mischievous smirk. He winked at her, and she hit his arm, but smiled nonetheless. She didn't even look at Percy, not acknowledging him or Chiron's presence. Percy felt an uneasiness settle into his stomach for no reason whatsoever.

Probably because I haven't eaten yet, he thought to himself with justification.

"Annabeth, Aurora," Chiron said, "I have a masters' archery class at noon. Would you take Percy from here?"

The second girl, who broke away from her conversation with the boy, opened her mouth, as if to protest, but the blonde nodded and said, "Yes, sir."

"Cabin Eleven," Chiron told Percy, gesturing toward the doorway. "Make yourself at home."

Out of all the cabins, Eleven looked the most like a regular old summer camp cabin, with the emphasis on old. The threshold was worn down, the brown paint peeling. Over the doorway was one of those doctor's symbols, a winged pole with two snakes wrapped around it. What did they call it? A caduceus.

Inside, it was packed with people, both boys and girls, way more than the number of bunk beds. Sleeping bags were spread all over the floor. It looked like a gym where the Red Cross had set up an evacuation center.

Chiron didn't go in. The door was too low for him. But when the campers saw him they all stood and bowed respectfully.

"Well then," Chiron said. "Good luck, Percy. I'll see you at dinner."

He galloped away toward the archery range.

Percy hesitated before walking into the cabin, turning towards the second girl.

She was pretty. An unreal sort of pretty.

"I know you." Percy started, his eyes darting over her face. He blushed slightly after he realized he was staring for a beat too long, averting his gaze.

"No you don't." She frowned, her gaze looking him up and down scrutinizingly. She had called him a hero earlier. One who had a "huge drooling problem." It was a bit insulting.

"No, I do. You're the dream girl." As soon as his words left his mouth, Percy immediately wanted to take them back. She raised her eyebrows at Percy's exclamation, and Percy wanted to glue his mouth shut. Permanently. He could see a trace of a smile on her lips.

"I mean, you're the girl from my dream." He stuttered, trying again, his face turning pinker and pinker by the second. Fuck, that was not what he meant.

"I'm everyone's dream girl." She rolled her eyes, smirking slightly. Percy didn't know what to say, so he just gulped down his pride and tried for an awkward smile.

She certainly was.

"I'm Annabeth." The blonde sighed exhaustedly, like she had to deal with this on the daily. "That's Aurora."

Percy knew he wasn't supposed to be allured by Aurora. Honestly, it felt like a trick.

But she was breathtakingly beautiful—so beautiful, it was beginning to get on his nerves. Like, why the fuck did she have to look like that?

She looked like a Disney princess, with her long strawberry blonde waves and warm hazel eyes and flowers sprouting with every step she took. Her smile was so bright, it was like Percy was staring into the sun. She had a way of making him feel warm, which was quite unsettling.

She really was everyone's dream girl.

"Staring is rude, you know." Aurora snorted, standing up so she was right next to Percy. She smelled like intoxicating flowers, the floral aroma of a dozen roses hitting him like a gallon of bricks.

Then, she pushed him.

Percy, naturally, tripped going into the door and made a total fool of himself. There were some snickers from the campers—one could be heard from the annoyingly gorgeous girl who pushed him—but none of them said anything.

"Percy Jackson, meet Cabin Eleven." Annabeth announced while Aurora doubled over in silent giggles. She was beginning to seriously get on his nerves.

"Regular or undetermined?" somebody asked.

"Undetermined." Annabeth answered.

Everybody groaned.

Great, Percy thought to himself dejectedly.

"Now, now, campers. That's what we're here for. Welcome, Percy. You can have that spot on the floor, right over there."

The guy was about nineteen, and he looked pretty cool. He was tall and muscular, with short cropped sandy hair and a friendly smile. He wore an orange tank top, cutoffs, sandals, and a leather necklace with five different colored clay beads. The only thing unsettling about his appearance was a thick white scar that ran from just beneath his right eye to his jaw, like an old knife slash.

"This is Luke," Annabeth said, and her voice sounded different somehow. Aurora glanced at her friend with a knowing smirk, and her expression hardened. "He's your counselor for now."

"For now?" Percy asked.

"You're undetermined," Luke explained patiently. "They don't know what cabin to put you in, so you're here. Cabin Eleven takes all newcomers, all visitors. Naturally, we would. Hermes, our patron, is the god of travelers."

"How long will I be here?" Percy asked.

"Good question," Luke said. "Until you're determined."

"How long will that take?" The campers all laughed at him.

"Come on, Percy," Percy felt Aurora grab his arm. He could feel eyes set in on her grip on him. He smiled a little at some boys around her age who were staring at Aurora, and felt a strange sense of pride fall on his shoulders. "Let's finish your tour."

"I thought we already finished it." Percy started, but was cut off by a deathly glare sent his way, and was dragged outside. He could hear the kids of Cabin Eleven laughing behind him. 

ೀ⋆。🌷 notes ...

word count: 1070

date published: february 14, 2024 (happy valentines day btw!)

thoughts: i love little percy with all my heart. also, second chapter done! also, he's so in love already, he just doesn't know it yet.