𝐢.𝐯 - 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐠 (𝐚)

For Aurora, speaking Ancient Greek, shooting arrows from her bow, wrestling, and sword fighting to the death was as normal as her life could get.

Camp Half Blood was the only place she felt somewhat safe, where Hades wouldn't pulverize her on the daily.

But Aurora had anger management issues, as many demigods did, and attacking people with dangerous weapons felt like therapy. 

Luckily for her, that was a requirement for campers.

Capture the flag was one of Aurora's favorite activities. Demeter cabin (plus the Persephone girl) allied themselves with Ares, along with Dionysus, Aphrodite, and Hephaestus.

Demeter children had an edge with nature skills and outdoors activities, but most of them weren't very aggressive. Obviously, Aurora wasn't one of them.

Allying themselves with Ares should've guaranteed a win, but Athena was leading the opposing team. That meant Annabeth, along with the Hermes and Apollo kids.

That meant Percy.

"Hey, Clarisse." Aurora bumped elbows with her friend, who was glaring sharply at the blue team.

"Hey, princess," the Ares girl didn't even bat an eye, her grip tightening on her electric spear, Maimer. "Your usual position?"

"You know it." She smiled, sticking out her hand and wiggling her middle finger, her ring glinting in the heavy sun. "Sword or bow?"

"Sword for now, arrow for far away opponents." Clarisse instructed, slapping the top of Aurora's helmet. It was meant to be a caring gesture, but Aurora's head filled with ringing sounds.

The girl nodded, tapping the flower on her ring once, Oleander revealing itself. She grabbed Clarisse's wrist, pulling her close. Aurora's warm hazel eyes met the darkness of the daughter of Ares', and her grin turned into a smirk. 

"If you see Percy, beat the shit out of him for me."

Clarisse whooped with excitement, banging her spear into the ground, the barbed tip of her five foot long spear buzzing with electricity. "You didn't even have to ask," she responded with a wink before calling to the rest of their team.

ೀ⋆。🌷

"Hey bitch!" Aurora waved eagerly, her sword glimmering in the sunlight as she greeted Luke and Chris. If you thought that she would be scared being one girl versus two guys much older than her, you would be gravely mistaken. 

Luke let out an exhausted sigh through his helmet. She took a couple steps forward from the flag, a beam of confidence splaying onto her lips.

"Rory, come on." Luke grumbled, readying his celestial bronze sword, Backbiter. "We do this every time."

"And every time, you lose." She let out a joyous laugh, swinging the Stygian iron blend between her and her best friend. Chris had already started to back away. "Might as well go home, Castellan."

Knowing Luke, that was the last thing he would do.

With a swift motion, Luke lunged forward, their blades clashing in a blur of metal. Aurora responded with vigor, thrill pumping into her veins as she executed each parry and thrust with precision and skill, graceful as she deflected hits easily.