𝐢.𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢 - 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞 (𝐩)

It didn't take long for Percy to pack. After all, he barely had anything to begin with. 

But was he surprised that Aurora had a backpack full of clothes, a flower crown on her head, and a pillowcase full of chips and Girl Scout Cookies? Not really.

As soon as they all got together, the three demigods and satyr waved goodbye to the other campers, took one last look at the strawberry fields, the ocean, and the Big House, then hiked up Half Blood Hill to the tall pine tree that used to be Thalia, daughter of Zeus.

Annabeth placed her hand on the trunk of the tree, whispering blessings and prayers in Ancient Greek for her friend to hear.

Aurora knelt at the roots of Thalia's tree, a singular white chrysanthemum sprouting as her fingers grazed the field. The grass seemed to brighten in saturation, the greenery even more vibrant than before. It was like that one scene from Bambi, or Aphrodite's birth.

Chiron was waiting for them in his wheelchair. Next to him stood the surfer dude Percy had seen when he was recovering in the sick room. According to Grover, he was the camp's head of security. He supposedly had eyes all over his body so he could never be surprised. Today, though, he was wearing a chauffeur's uniform, so he could only see extra peepers on his hands, face, and neck.

"This is Argus," Chiron told Percy. "He will drive you into the city, and, er, well, keep an eye on things."

Percy heard footsteps behind them. Luke came running up the hill, carrying a hair of red beat up Converse.

"Gods, Luke, I thought Hermes kids were supposed to be athletic!" Aurora teased from across the field, sticking out her tongue at the older boy with a wild grin. Annabeth smoothed her blonde ponytail and glared at Aurora out of embarrassment. Chiron muttered to himself as the two girls made their way over to Percy.

"Shut up, Rory." Luke panted, sending her a scowl before he handed Percy the sneakers. "I'm glad I caught you guys."

Annabeth blushed, the way she always did when Luke was around. Aurora elbowed her in the stomach, the way she always did when Annabeth blushed.

"Just wanted to say good luck," Luke said, his scarred face stretching out into a friendly smile. "And I thought... um, maybe you could use these. Maia!"

Although the sneakers looked normal at first, at the word, white bird's wings sprouted out of the heels, startling Percy so much that he dropped them. The shoes flapped around on the ground until the wings folded and disappeared.

"Awesome!" Grover said.

Luke smiled. "Those served me well when I was on my quest. Gift from Dad. Of course, I don't use them much these days..." His expression turned sad.

"Hey, man," Percy said with a small smile at the ground. "Thanks."

"Listen, Percy..." Luke looked uncomfortable. Percy tried his best not to frown. "A lot of hopes are riding on you. So just... kill some monsters for me, okay?"

Luke grabbed Percy's hand and shook it. It was a real hand shake, the ones that his mother would give to the headmasters at his schools before he got kicked out. He patted Grover's head between his horns, then gave a goodbye hug to Annabeth, who looked like she might pass out.

Finally, he turned to his sparring partner and his smile turned crooked. "See you on the other side of the war, Miller."

Aurora's eyes welled up, the hazel becoming a liquid pool of chocolate.

Percy's jaw dropped, because he couldn't imagine Aurora crying. 

Ever.

She was so stone cold and fearless... but now? Percy felt like he knew a little bit more about her.