S1 EP 5: Excuse my Dutch

'Formula one is a brutal environment, you are always focused and alert, you never really turn off.' Nyck told the interviewer.

The camera shows Nyck spending time with his family at home.

'When you're home, you can finally flip the switch for a bit. Distract yourself from the constant pressure, I think it's really important.' Nyck said.

'I think even the greatest and most dominant drivers love the summer break. Behind the scenes contracts are being signed for next season which also gives some drivers certainty. Fans can enjoy the contract chaos whilst the drivers get a chance to breathe, if they have a contract of course.' Jennie Gow explained,

'I don't have a contract for next season yet, I've done everything I can, the rest is up to Red-Bull and Alpha Tauri.' Nyck said.

The camera looks at the sky as we listen to the following conversation.

Someone knocks on the door and then enters, it's a member from the team. He doesn't sit down but immediately gets to the point, telling Christian what's going on.

'He did what?' Christian asked seriously interrupting his team member mid sentence.

'If you or anyone else sees him tell him to get into my office immediately! He better have a very good excuse if he wants me to forgive him.' Christian said, obviously angered by what he heard.

'Yes sir.' The team member said before leaving Christian's office. Christian let his head fall in his hands, thinking about what could happen next.

'Mix carefully.' Nyck's sister told him.

'I am.' Nyck said with a smile carefully mixing. He then turned to the camera. 'We are testing the pancake recipe that Carlos Sainz keeps talking about.' He explained. A few seconds go by, Nyck carefully mixing everything together to make sure it stayed nice and fluffy. Then his phone goes off, his manager is calling. 'One second.' Nyck said before stepping out of the room and taking the call. The camera watches Nyck's sister as she continues mixing the dough whilst the following conversation is followed by audio.

'Hey mate, any news on options for next season?' Nyck asked curiously.

'He wants to speak privately?' Nyck asked.

'When?' He asked.

'Yeah sounds important, I'll go tomorrow then.' Nyck said. 'Yeah, bye.' Nyck walked back to the kitchen.

'Any news?' His sister asked.

'I don't know. He said Franz wants to speak with me personally, they asked if I can come to base tomorrow.' Nyck told his sister.

'Sounds important, let's hope it's good news.' She responded.

'I sure hope so too.' Nyck said a bit worried. 'Is the dough mixed?'

'Yes, I think it's ready to go into the pan.' She said.

'Alright!' Nyck said excitedly. The next shot shows Nyck putting the dough in the pan.

'Ooeee that does smell good.' His sister comments.

In the next shot the pancakes are served, Nyck's parents also at the table ready for a nice lunch.

'Feels weird eating pancakes as lunch. In the Netherlands we eat pancakes for dinner mostly.' Nyck explained.

'I mean, I eat it for lunch sometimes but yeah, it's more of a dinner thing here.' His sister said to the camera.

The pancakes got served and everyone started eating.

'Hmm Carlos was right, these don't need any syrup or powdered sugar at all.' Nyck commented.