1.13 | ......𝐈𝐬 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

~⚡~{[CHAPTER THIRTEEN]}~⚡~

[......Is Only The Beginning]

DAISY WOKE UP, still gasping for breath. In front of her, she could see Percy sitting in a chair at the foot of her bed, head leaning against the wall, facing the window to her left, and his hand wrapped in a thick layer of bandages. Annabeth leant over her, her face an expression of pure worry, and mopping the younger girl's forehead with a cool, damp cloth. 

Almost immediately, a terrible aching pain shot through her core, and she cried out weakly. Annabeth shushed her, and Percy's head snapped into her direction.

"It's okay, you're safe now, just relax..." Annabeth whispered comfortingly. She couldn't explain why tears started streaming down her face at the sound of her voice. She thought she'd never hear her voice again, nor anyone's, for that matter. She thought she was going to die, and there wasn't anything she could do to stop it.

Annabeth brushed the hair out of her face and pulled her in for a hug, rubbing her back in soothing circles, trying to calm the dark-haired girl's shaking sobs. Daisy's ears rang with a strange ringing sound she'd definitely never heard before, spiking a headache and bringing the previous events rushing back to her. Percy came over and sat on the bed next to her, running his fingers through her hair and trying his best to comfort her, even though her knew Annabeth was much better at that sort of stuff than him.

The door opened and Chiron trotted in, giving her a sympathetic look as she sobbed, half from pain, and half from feeling completely overwhelmed.

Percy, on the other hand, was angry. Not at Daisy, but at Luke, and at whoever the mysterious 'A' was, for giving her the gift of (from what he pieced together since the quest) of foresight that shook her up so much and scared her. Partly at Chiron, for just giving the girl a sympathetic look. No words of encouragement or comfort, just a look. She had just recovered from over-exerting herself on their behalf in the underworld, and now she looked just as pale and sickly once more. He couldn't help thinking, if he'd just gotten there sooner. If he'd not let her go down to the training area alone in the first place...

"How are you feeling, my dear?" He asked Daisy. It took her a few seconds to calm down enough to answer.

"I don't know." She managed in a tiny, congested sounding voice, as it often does after you've been crying. Her eyes had a red rim around them, like the tip of her nose, contrasting to the rest of her unusually deathly pale skin, so different to what it had been before, a slightly tanned soft olive colour skin with a natural pink blush spread across her cheekbones.

"Understandable. Can you recount exactly what Luke said to you?" The centaur asked gently.

She shakily told him everything he said to her, did to her, all while clinging onto Annabeth like she was afraid she might disappear any second. All the while, her necklace pulsed with glowing purple-gold magic. Percy resisted the urge to ask how it worked.

After all, after a pretty dramatic end to the summer, he was going home.

this chapter is short as fuck but I just realised that I haven't updated in a hot minute so here u go <3

this is the last chapter of tlt!!

c u in som :DDD