2.7 | 𝐖𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐨𝐥!

~🌊~{[CHAPTER SEVEN]}~🌊~

[We Are Not Having A Blast In The Pool!]

Percy was staring at the waves when Annabeth and Tyson and Daisy found him.

"What's going on?" Annabeth asked. "I heard you calling for help!"

"Me, too!" Tyson said. "Heard you yell, 'Bad things are attacking!'"

"I didn't hear anything, I was asleep." Daisy stated.

"I didn't call you guys," Percy said. "I'm fine."

"So I could be asleep right now?"

"But then who ..." Annabeth noticed the four yellow duffel bags, then the thermos and the bottle of vitamins Percy was holding. "What—"

"Just listen," He said. "We don't have much time." He told them about his conversation with Hermes. By the time he was finished, he could hear screeching in the distance—patrol harpies picking up their scent.

"Percy," Annabeth said, "we have to do the quest."

"We'll get expelled, you know. Trust me, I'm an expert at getting expelled."

"So? If we fail, there won't be any camp to come back to."

"Yeah, but you promised Chiron—"

"I promised I'd keep you from danger. I can only do that by coming with you! Tyson can stay behind and tell them—"

"I didn't promise anything -"

"I want to go," Tyson said, interrupting Daisy.

"No!" Annabeth's voice sounded close to panic. "I mean ... Percy, come on. You know that's impossible."

Percy wondered again why she had such a grudge against Cyclopes. There was something she wasn't telling him. She and Tyson both looked at him, waiting for an answer, while Daisy kicked stones on the ground. Percy guessed she had already decided she was going. Meanwhile, the cruise ship was getting farther and farther away. The thing was, part of him didn't want Tyson along. He'd spent the last three days in close quarters with the guy, getting razzed by the other campers and embarrassed a million times a day, constantly reminded that he was related to him. He needed some space. Plus, he didn't know how much help he'd be, or how he'd keep him safe. Sure, he was strong, but Tyson was a little kid in Cyclops terms, maybe seven or eight years old, mentally. Percy could see him freaking out and starting to cry while they were trying to sneak past a monster or something. Even Daisy didn't do that, and she had spent a lot of time being immature last summer - a result of being raised as the only daughter of Mr. D. Tyson'd get them all killed.

On the other hand, the sound of the harpies was getting closer....

"We can't leave him," Percy decided. "Tantalus will punish him for us being gone."

"Percy," Daisy said, trying to keep her cool and seemingly siding with Annabeth, "we're going to Polyphemus's island! Polyphemus is an S-i-k ... a C-y-k . .." She stamped her foot in frustration. Daisy was dyslexic, too. They could've been there all night while she tried to spell Cyclops. "You know what I mean!"

"Tyson can go," Percy insisted, "if he wants to."

Tyson clapped his hands. "Want to!" Annabeth gave him the evil eye, but Percy guessed she could tell he wasn't going to change his mind. Or maybe she just knew they didn't have time to argue.