13. Isabelle's Pehli Rasoi

Isabelle's POV -

As I made my way towards the kitchen, I caught sight of my mother-in-law relaxing on the sofa, enjoying her refreshing smoothie. I approached her with a warm greeting, gently touching her feet and saying, "Good morning, mumma."

She responded with a smile and wished me a good morning in return. Curious about what to prepare for my pehli rasoi, I asked her, "Maa, what should I make for my pehli rasoi?" She advised, "Beta, why not make something sweet?"

Excitedly, I inquired, "Shall I make kheer, mumma?"

She nodded in agreement, and I headed into the kitchen to gather the necessary ingredients for the kheer. However, just as I kept the milk to boil, I noticed Naveen ji heading back to our room after his gym session. Sensing the need to attend to him, I quickly turned down the flame and went into our room to lay out his clothes for the day. I know it may seem old-fashioned, but I find joy in taking care of these little things. Once I returned to the kitchen, I was taken aback to find that the milk had spoiled. "Oh fuck, jisne bhi ye kiya uski diarrhea kar do bhagwan" 

Shocked by this unexpected turn of events, I glanced at the clock and realized I only had half an hour left to cook. Frantically, I opened the fridge in search of an alternative, and that's when my eyes landed on it.

Sage's POV -

As I made my way back to my room after finishing my yoga session, I happened to overhear a conversation between my mom and Bella. Miss Belle had plans to make Kheer for everyone. Seeing Bella head towards the kitchen, I started brainstorming ways to get her out of there. But then, luck was on my side! Naveen bhai entered the house, catching Isabelle's attention, and she went to assist him.

Seizing this opportunity, I swiftly made my way to the kitchen, searching for a lemon to add to the milk. I started stirring the milk to hide any evidence when suddenly, I felt two arms wrap around me. "What are you doing, Canim?" Oh, it was Aahan. Putting on a fake smile, I turned to him and replied, "Nothing, baby. Just boiling the milk."

Aahan was about to say something when I quickly pulled both of us away from the kitchen and led us straight to my room, as I heard Isabelle's footsteps approaching. "What happened? Why did you bring us here?" Aahan asked curiously. I quickly put on my best puppy eyes and said, "Baby! Someone was coming, and I didn't want anyone to interrupt our alone time." He hugged me tightly, and I couldn't help but ask, "Did you hit the gym?"

"Yeah, I did," he replied. "That's why you're all sweaty. Go take a shower right now." I playfully pushed him towards the bathroom. "Do you want to join?" he asked mischievously from inside. "Fuck off!" I replied, rolling my eyes. Goodness, this guy! Ugh! How much longer do I have to put up with him?

Now, let's see, Isabelle, how you handle making Kheer and impressing everyone. Your nightmare starts now.

Isabelle's POV -

Finally, everything was in order. I glanced at the clock and it read exactly 9 o'clock. Instructing the servers, I requested them to bring the plate to the table. Our entire family, including Aahan, gathered around the dining table. Before long, breakfast was served. After we finished eating, my mother asked me to fetch the dessert. I glanced at the servers and they nodded, indicating it was ready. Soon enough, the workers brought in two delectable sweets - Gajar ka halwa and Gulkand. As the dishes were placed on the table, Sage exclaimed, "Wait, what? How did this happen? Weren't you planning to make Kheer belle?" "I was, but unfortunately the milk had spoiled and then-"

Flashback

Carrots! Yes I can make make gajar ka halwa. As I was preparing for the halwa, when an idea struck me, "Alright, that's settled. I'll make kalakand from the spoiled milk," I decided. Turning to Miss Lav, one of our househelps, I asked for her assistance in making the sweets. "Of course, dear. Just tell me what needs to be done," she replied with a smile.