43. The Truth's Out!

Author's POV -

"Hey bhai, just landed. Yeah, I'll be home in an hour or two," Sage relayed over the phone as she emerged from the airport, only to be taken aback by the sight of Aahan waiting for her.

"Oh! Hey - I didn't expect you to come pick me up," Sage remarked, pausing in front of Aahan.

Aahan greeted her with a smile, swiftly grabbing her luggage. "Hey, come on! You're my girlfriend, why wouldn't I come to pick you up?"

"Aahan, we need to talk," Sage stated as she settled into the car, adjusting her seat belt.

"Yeah, we will, Canim. Let's go home first, okay?" Aahan responded with a smile, before starting the car and driving off.

Naveen's Villa.

"Why isn't Aahan picking up?" Aahania's frustration was palpable as she repeatedly dialed his number, her heart racing with worry.

"Let it go, Aahania. It's time to unveil the truth," Reyansh interjected, his voice laden with gravity.

"Isabelle, you're finally going to get the closure you deserve," Reyansh addressed Isabelle, who stood beside Mrunali, her expression a mixture of anticipation and apprehension.

"Bhagwan bhala kare usska, jisne hume ye recording bheji," Mrunali whispered, her words tinged with gratitude and hope.

"Let's all step inside, okay?" Reyansh suggested, pressing the doorbell.

"Welcome bac- oh, it's you guys!" Naveen's initial greeting morphed into surprise as he swung the door open.

"Were you expecting someone else?" Aahania inquired, her curiosity piqued.

"Yeah, Sage is coming back today, so I was expecting her," Naveen replied casually.

Aahania muttered under her breath, "So Aahan's out and about with that woman."

"Can we come inside? We need to discuss something important," Reyansh interjected, his tone carrying a weight of urgency.

"What's this about?" Naveen inquired, sensing the gravity of the situation.

"Isabelle's innocence," Mrunali declared, her words hanging in the air with a sense of revelation. Naveen regarded them with a mixture of surprise and curiosity, stepping aside to allow them entry.

Once inside and the door closed, Naveen pressed for more information. "So, what's going on?"

Aahania interjected, her voice laden with caution, "Shouldn't we wait for Sage and Aahan? It wouldn't be wise to reveal Isabelle's innocence if they're not present." The implication of her words hung heavily in the air, hinting at a momentous revelation yet to come.

Time Skip -

*Doorbell ringing*

"Finally, you are here." said Naveen as he hugged Sage.

"How have you been bhai?" asked Sage as she hugged him back.

"Good. By the way, come in." said Naveen as he welcomed Sage and Aahan.

"Oh! What are they doing here?" Sage questioned as she stepped into the room, her eyes narrowing with suspicion upon seeing Reyansh, Aahania, Isabelle, and Mrunali gathered together.

"They're here to prove Isabelle's innocence," Naveen replied calmly, though his eyes held a glimmer of apprehension.

"What innocence? Bhai, I'm telling you, they're just trying to waste our time," Sage retorted sharply, her tone laced with skepticism.