Enlightenment of the Past Condones the Future?

The sun began to slowly rise as the rays of light hit the campus as the birds tweet a comforting song and the healthy green leaves rustle with the gentle warm breeze, It was now morning, both Jaune and Ruby began to get awake as they stretched as they had the best sleep of their entire lives, no one was threatening their lives, no constant major Grimm attacks or assasination attempts just one night of sleep was like a taste of heaven that they forgot feeling about from so long ago.

But then they looked at their surroundings as they were both confused for a few seconds but then the events from the day before came back to them as it felt like being by a speeding dump truck as a warm and cold sensation was felt within their chest as both felt a sense of hope that this is their change things but a small sense of dread can still be felt sure their elated to see their friends alive and well but nobody would blame them when a stabbing sensation was felt as guilt creeped within their chest but they could only squeeze each others hands as a small indication that this isn't some kind dark joke as they walk together to the mess hall still in their huntsman attire from the day prior, they were already use too sleeping in their attire from their past or from their future past that is.

As Ruby and Jaune hold hands fingers tightly intertwined not wanting to let each other go in order to give eachother comfort from the current inner turmoil that they going through just walk past students that were rolling up their sleep sacks and others just chatting about things that normal teens did when they just wanted to chat, or make conversation of whatever caught their fancy.

Both Jaune and Ruby could only see in shock and fascination that to what they are seeing in front of them seeing it was teens being teens, the young adolescents going on their way into adulthood but not knowing that their once thought heroic work or for others fame and fortune that their adulthood, their careers will lead them towards their deaths...there end, without their own knowledge they signed up for a war.

As both Ruby and Jaune begin to go in their own heads their surroundings start to glitch what once was a surrounding a laughter and joy was replaced by the screams of pain, anger and agony by people fighting grimm viciously, while also fighting other people both Humans and Faunus, those crying in despair as they pray for salvation as others can only laugh with pure madness overlaid on their features as the dark black clouds with a tint of red are covering the clouds with rain falling as it it ras raining blood on them they can only stand there catatonically not able to do anything.

But shaken by their dark episode from a single voice that caused both Jaune and Ruby's mouth to feel dry and a lump stuck in their throat.

" wakey wakey Renny~ it's morning~ it's morning~ wake up it's morning~" said the easily recognisable of the forever known cherry bomber and the man slowly picking himself up as he looks tired but yet already use to the antics of the energetic girl as she animatedly just talking around him but a small smile is easily seen on the black haired boys face as he hears the cherry just talking away as it was a sort of comfort for the boy.

Jaune can only see from a distance as tears can be felt wanting to fall but yet he forced himself not as he so desperately wanting to run towards them giving them the biggest bear hug even if Nora of capable of breaking his back he would gladly take it just to hug them both but he can't he forces himself to stay put as his hands grip tightens on Ruby's hands as aura lightly flares do to the strength of his grip of his hand on hers, she looks up at him worriedly she could only gently squeezes her hand in return to comfort him as best as she possibly could and seemed to work as his grip began to lighten as Ruby gently rubbed her thumb on her husband's hand in a soothing manner as it was taking its effect Jaune returned the sign of affection to her indicating that he had calmed down.