Chapter 4: At Night with Husk

You took a shallow breath landing in front of the bar after having changed into a short black dress that had the back open. You walked in finding the table.

"Ooo, Polly made it! I thought you were busy tonight." Rosie giggled.

"Oh I thought I wouldn't be able to make it out tonight but some stuff cleared up." You laughed sitting next to Husk. "What are we drinking?"

"Cocktails." Vox smiled.

"Do you want one?" Alastor asked.

"No, I have been trying not to drink alcohol, Angel told me last night that Y/n got poisoned and it really messed with her, call me paranoid but I'd rather not get poisoned myself."

"Oh right, Y/n got poisoned that's right." Valentino nodded. "I meant to check in on her today."

"She's fine, I called her earlier." You smiled. "Hallucinations all gone and she's feeling much better."

"Oh that's good." Valentino nodded lighting a cigarette.

"She was busy earlier but she seemed fine when she came by the studio." Vox said. Husk shot you a glance.

"She was busy? Did she say where she was?"

"Nope, just kinda said she was busy, I figured she was with customers or something." Vox shrugged.

"Probably." You grinned widely knowing damn well this guy would jump out of his seat if he knew. Your phone buzzed and you looked at the message.

"Gave Lilith your number, have fun 🧡."

"Probably not the best time but y'know it'll be fine, worst comes to worst I'll mute my phone." You typed out and sent it putting your phone in your pocket and getting a milkshake, watching as they made the milkshake. You then sat and drank the milkshake.

"So you're gonna be sober all night?" Valentino asked and you nodded with a smile.

"Milkshakes are great, I don't need to be drunk to have fun." You shrugged.

"Man did it seriously scare you that bad?" Vox asked. "That's concerning."

"It's fine I just don't want to risk it okay?" You said shrugging. You were entirely serious though.

You listened to the conversations leaned against the table. You were paying attention, but every now and then Husk's hand would brush against your leg, you knew he was doing it on purpose. You looked at your drink and your eyebrows furrowed and you pushed the drink back looking around the bar for any familiar faces.

"I'm gonna start bringing my own drinks I swear to Satan." You muttered under your breath your wings tensing close to your back as you stood up. "I'mma run to the bathroom, next round is on me." You giggled picking up your milkshake and placing it on the bar as you walked past. You made it to the rest room and you hovered over the sink making yourself throw up what you had drank. You washed your face and sighed.

"You keep ruining my attempts to kill you." An older man said standing in front of you, not leaving much room to breathe.

"This is the ladies restroom." You laughed. "Don't you know how impolite it is for you to be in here?"