Chapter 10: The white pavement

You went to the hotel the night before, ensuring you knew Charlie's plan and had everything necessary. Once all set, you took your luggage downstairs setting it against a wall.

"Nope, that wall gets fucked up too often for important documents to be there." Husk picked up the case effortlessly as if you weren't huffing from dragging it down the stairs, he placed it behind the bar. "Vodka cran?"

"Wine." You sighed sitting down and resting your head against the bar. "Red, please."

"Everything okay? With you and the oh so mighty king of hell?" He laughed a bit pouring the wine.

"He's peachy, it's great, as always." You sighed.

"Then why are you here?" He asked blinking. "You're seriously going to act like it's going well when you're spending the night at some crappy hotel his daughter runs and talking to me?"

"There's nothing wrong with talking to someone who was my friend for a really long time."

"Mmhm." He nods handing you your glass. "I'm a bartender, I'm able to tell when someone is dealing with something."

"It's not Lucifer, it's my mother." You mumbled tipping the glass drinking a big gulp of the wine. "What if she's there? What do I do? What would I even say, I could never..."

"Don't overthink it, you were close to her in life. I'm sure everything will be fine, you're practically an Angel as is." He chuckled.

"Yeah right." You sighed. "An Angel doesn't kill people, or manipulate them or sleep with the king or hell."

"Yeahhhh the sleeping with Lucifer thing is a bit much, but you probably shouldn't tell anyone in heaven you're doing that." He chuckled. "Speaking of, complete invasion of privacy but it's difficult not to be curious, how amazing is it?"

"He's fantastic." You laughed placing your hands on the bar. "Fuck, the other day I gave him head for the first time and he was so flustered it was so cute, I never thought I'd see him so embarrassed. And it tasted really good considering it normally doesn't."

"Nice. Congrats on landing yourself in such a cushy relationship." He grinned. "I'm actually really glad that you're doing well, even if it didn't seem like it, I still care about you."

"You made me feel stupid." You sighed. "I just waited and waited, and you never tried to find me or call or message me."

"Yeah, I suck." He laughed shaking his head. "I can't even argue with Lucifer about that, he's clearly right in the fact he's better at taking ego blows."

"I can't believe you gambled your life away to Alastor." You laughed a bit. "He's always been a pain."

"Yeah."

"..." you sat awkwardly. "I still like you, but I can't trust you, you made that horribly obvious."

"I'm sorry."

"Just. Don't do that to Angie. He doesn't deserve it, he's been through so much."

"I know, I won't."

"Good, because if I ever find out you did, I will hunt you down, and tear your soul from Alastor just to tear it apart slowly." You hissed grabbing him by one of his suspenders. "Am I clear?"