Chapter 5: Missing

You showed up to the mansion as someone completely different, mimicking an imp, but holding the rabbit.

"Ah, I see, come in." Lucifer chuckled looking at you. You made it in and you shifted back into your actual form. "Thank you so much, I know there wasn't much notice, but it helps a lot."

He held your hands between his briefly smiling at you. He wasn't too much shorter than you, and he gave off the aura of someone much taller than him.

"It's no problem really, you took care of my ex husband, the least I can do is hang out with your wife and daughter for a day or two while you do business." You laughed flattered by his smile and his thanks.

"I think you're underestimating how difficult this may turn out to be." Lucifer laughed. "Call me if things get a bit too much okay?"

"Okay! But I'm sure it can't be that difficult."

It was that difficult-

Hanging out with Charlie was fine, Lilith slept in late, she appeared to be a night owl. Charlie was very much an early bird, so you hung out with her, entertaining her antics, listening to her aspirations. Cooking for her, singing, showing her your life.

While you were cooking dinner, Lilith came out of her bedroom. She walked up and hugged you from behind resting her head on top of yours. You wondered if this was what Lucifer casually dealt with. You finished up and dished up Lilith, Charlie and yourself.

"Good morning mom." Charlie smiled.

"Where's your father?" She asked finally having woken up fully.

"He had something to do, y/n is staying with us for a little bit until he's back."

"It should only be for a day or two, he said it was a short business trip." You smiled. "I'm sorry I thought he would have told you."

"He doesn't usually tell mom because then mom wants to go with, but it isn't the safest to leave the mansion here unguarded."

"Oh, that checks out."

"So he is out on a business trip and left you with us?" Lilith asked smiling gently.

"Mmhm!" You nodded rating your food. "I know I'm no king of hell, but I hope I can suffice for a few days."

Charlie and Lilith both giggled at the way you had said "king of hell".

"But why are you sitting in that chair?" Lilith asked. "Shouldn't you sit at the head of the table?"

"No, that feels incredibly disrespectful to Lucifer. I couldn't sit in his chair." You shrank a bit in your chair as you continued eating. "What should we do after dinner? I don't know your typical routines so I need a bit of guidance."

"I'll probably go to my room like usual, and mom and dad typically just stay awake for a while after that, not usually leaving the house but sometimes." Charlie smiled. "But I had fun talking today! And you cook really well!"

"Oh thank you! I'm glad I'm not super used to the ingredients in hell so I stuck to what I knew." You picked up your cup of tea sipping it.