Chapter 6: Angelics

As time went on, Husker faded from your mind. You still messaged him every now and then, or called to update him via voice message.

A year passed and then something happened. Alastor went missing and Lilith went missing too. You were confused but you figured Alastor died or something. You became closer with Lucifer after that, and closer to the Vees. You didn't hang out with Angel or Cherri much anymore. You spent most of your time trying to console Lucifer. Recently divorced of a marriage that lasted millennia.

"Hey y/n, look at this one." He tossed you a rubber duck and you smiled at it.

"Polka dots?"

"Mmhm!"

"Were you aiming for circus like? That's what it reminds me of." You stood up walking over to where he sat, he was making random ducks. He hadn't stopped making random ducks.

"I just think it's cute."

"Lucifer, maybe you should try to get some sleep tonight?" You asked rubbing one of his shoulders trying to get him to rest.

"Where could she have gone?" He sighed putting his head on the desk.

"Lucifer, Charlie would be worried to see you like that, you haven't spoken to her in a couple months." You sat next to his chair putting your head on the desk looking into his eyes. "You should sleep at least, I understand you're immortal, but you should still take care of yourself, you're supposed to rule this place, Lilith would be very upset if she comes back and it's in-"

"Stop it! I don't want to hear about what you think Lilith would feel like!" He huffed turning away obviously upset.

"I wouldn't be saying it if it wasn't fucking true Lucifer." You scoffed. "I will not be moving until you get some rest. I will sit right here and rot with you if that's how you choose to be."

"Don't be like that."

"No, you're the only king of hell, you cannot seriously spend all of your time sitting here searching for a little happy place in making ducks, it's harsh reality but until your wife comes back you are the sole carer of hell, you have not attended any meetings or left your room since she left you and you have to at the very fucking least get some rest."

"It doesn't feel right."

"What the fuck do you mean it doesn't feel right?!" You huffed getting even more frustrated.

"Trying to sleep! It doesn't feel right all alone, the bed is too big." He sighed irritated, his eyes had changed color to a red with yellow irises. You admired it quietly, his horns were out. He was extremely irritable and very tired. He needed rest or he was going to freak out even more so than he already had. He had a tail. You were surprised his wings weren't out. "I didn't mean to blow up at you, I'm sorry." He sighed rubbing his eyes.

"This is totally crossing a line but would it help if I laid down with you?" You asked. "Honestly I'm just worried about you, you're irritable, you haven't eaten or slept in months."

"It might, but I don't know if it'd feel right." You made a face thinking briefly looking at him.

"It doesn't feel right but I can hold a form for 7 minutes now. Do you think if it felt right for 7 minutes you could fall asleep?" You didn't make eye contact with him, worried he'd be mad.