Chapter 2

Drowsily, a slight tingling sensation came from my forearm.

It's the pain of a needle piercing the skin.

The pain caused Yu Bai's consciousness to gradually return, and his nerves became tense.

His eyelids were still heavy. After an unknown amount of time, he reluctantly opened his eyes.

The world in front of him was still a little blurry, but it was not difficult to tell that he was lying in a large room now; a needle was inserted into the stinging place on his left forearm. Looking up, Yu Bai saw a needle hanging high above the bed. Bag drip.

The transparent liquid was flowing silently into his body along the thin tube.

This scene instantly activated many bad memories. It was almost a conditioned reflex, and Yu Bai wanted to pull out the needle.

It was then that he realized that his free right hand was fixed to the other side of the bed by a metal ring. As he moved, the metal chain restricting his movement made several soft sounds.

Biting the tip of his tongue, Yu Bai sat up.

There was a hint of familiar mental fluctuations in the air. Although he didn't know why the other party appeared on the Tar planet at this time, Yu Bai was sure that this was the room of the man he met in the alley.

It's safe for the time being...

Thinking of this, the little mermaid raised her eyes, and a transparent wave spread out in all directions with him as the center.

Lightly, delicately and silently.

The surrounding terrain also gradually formed a complete image in Yu Bai's mind as his mental power spread.

It was approaching midnight and it was very quiet.

The room he was in was a suite. He was the only one in the suite now, and in the corridor outside the door, two robots and a cart had just passed by.

After carefully checking around and finding no threat for the time being, Yu Bai's tense nerves relaxed slightly.

And just when he was about to withdraw his mental power, the metal door at the end of the corridor suddenly slid open to both sides.

"Are you sure the signal is here?" Scarface frowned, "From here up are the rooms for high-level VIPs." "

It's this direction." The person next to him was holding a receiver, and the screen was showing There was a faint green light flashing, "It's just... there are too many signal jammers here, and we can't pinpoint which floor he is on." "The auction

will start soon, and we need to ask the boss for instructions on the search..."

Because it was withdrawn in time. Because of his mental strength, Yu Bai didn't hear what he said clearly.

In fact, he didn't fully understand what he heard.

In his previous life, he had wanted to learn human language, but unfortunately the people who were looking after him seemed to have quickly discovered his purpose. Not long after he came up with the idea, those people no longer communicated in language in front of him.

Moreover, the forcible use of mental power just now made the brain that was not fully awake dizzy again, so Yu Bai could only capture a few words here and there:

auction, signal, shielding, positioning, and search,

which he could still understand.

His right hand was still handcuffed to one side. Yu Bai lowered his head and observed the structure of the handcuffs.