Chapter 109

The next afternoon after Fu Linyuan woke up, Xu Yiming helped him apply for the right to read the accident investigation report.

When he handed over the tablet, the old professor actually wanted to say something.

But any words of comfort seemed so feeble at this moment.

There were two reports on the tablet. The first one recorded in detail the cause of the Ford base explosion - aging pipelines and routine maintenance errors. The base was severely damaged. All researchers on duty died on the spot, and there were no survivors.

The second report was very brief.

The commander-in-chief of the First Army, Fu Changya, suddenly encountered a magnetic storm while performing an encirclement and suppression mission. The small fleet under his command fell into a space crack. There is still no clue.

After three months of search and rescue, without any positive feedback and with the loss of a squad of soldiers again, the cabinet determined that Fu Changya had died in the line of duty, downgraded the search and rescue team to a search team, and began searching for relevant wreckage of the fleet.

Ford Base will be temporarily taken over by Gen. Tyler Evans.

The position of commander-in-chief of the First Army will also be vacant and will be temporarily taken over by the royal family until a suitable candidate appears who can take over Marshal Fu's position.

Both reports were signed two months ago.

Also two months ago, the Orn Empire held a week-long mourning meeting to commemorate the talents lost by the empire in these two accidents, and erected monuments for them in the imperial cemetery.

Fu Linyuan's eyes paused on the words "monument" for a long time.

When in a coma, the human body has no precise concept of time.

It was like he slept for a long time, and when he opened his eyes again, he was the only one left in the world.

As the chest rises and falls, a thin layer of white mist will quickly form on the respirator, and then dissipate even more quickly.

The powerful demulcent flowed into the boy's veins drop by drop along the transparent tube.

The ward was eerily quiet. Xu Yiming hesitated for a long time, but finally spoke tentatively, whispering: "Lin Yuan... why don't you take a rest first? There will be an examination later..."

When he said this, he actually had no expectations. The other person will answer immediately.

The huge sadness takes time to digest. It took him more than a month to get over the loss of his best friend, let alone this half-year-old child.

But to Xu Yiming's surprise, after listening to his words, the young man on the hospital bed raised his eyes and replied: "...Okay."

Before the old professor could say anything, he asked again: "Professor Xu, after today's examination, I probably When can you be discharged from the hospital?"

Xu Yiming was a little confused when asked, and subconsciously replied: "At least two weeks, right? We need to wait until your mental state has completely stabilized before we can consider releasing you from the hospital... This matter cannot be rushed."

" Okay, I will cooperate with all treatments." After a moment of silence, he added, "Professor Xu, there is one more thing I want to trouble you with." "

You say it, child, you say it."

"I want to ask you to write a letter Recommendation letter."

...