6.5 - It Only Takes One Bullet.

"Sorry, Illya, I can't follow such an obvious thing."

I feel it; I turned my mind to steel; all of my previous irregularities seem to just cease; my eyes stop tearing; my lungs begin to breathe normally once more; any ache or stress leaves my mind.

Illya seems sad—no, disappointed.

"I see, so you've chosen the same path as Kiritsugu; you're going to throw away the people you love the most for people you've never known."

She says it with a saddened look.

"Yeah, he and I are one in the same, so if you want to curse anyone, curse me."

My conviction is unwavering; I don't feel a thing when I look at her troubled expression. After all, I did it; I continued to follow my beliefs despite everything, and it was easy—almost too easy.

All of my insecurities and doubts seem to leave; it's making everything that'll come up next easy as well.

"I pity you _"

I'm taken aback by it; something is wrong; she can't say my name, as if she is cut off by something unknown, and yet she doesn't seem to notice. She continues.

"You're going to be deceiving yourself forever with that crying face of yours."

She's right; she's definitely right, but I don't mind; as long as it allows _ Emiya to achieve his dream, it doesn't matter.

Huh, it happened again; I can't say my first name.

As _ walks into the church, he feels nothing—no fears, no hopes—just the sole desire to become a superhero; that was all he was now—an ideal and one that wasn't even his own to begin with; it was horribly cruel, but _ didn't mind; why would he? This was his dream, and now it'd become a reality, he'd make sure of it.

After all, as strong as any mage was, death only takes one bullet.

Emiya Alter wakes up.

He sighs; he didn't want to wake up today, or any day, anytime; he simply wished it lasted longer. However, becoming a superhero wasn't all fun and games; he forced his body to learn to wake up early, with the bare minimum of sleep; a hero's habit permanently leaked into his existence as a heroic spirit.

He was up earlier than anyone needed to be; this week hadn't been anything special; his dreams meant nothing to him; it'd be a hazy memory in an hour; therefore, it didn't matter.

After all...Emiya? Yes, Emiya achieved his dream; he became a superhero.

probably the worst one; however, he was more of an over glorified slave; hell, even overglorified slaves would probably be greater heroes than him.

Emiya Alter wasn't even the 'Original' Emiya; he was a corrupted variant, a bad end, the wrong path that ended up with nothing but damnation at the end of his life.

Well, that applies to both of them; maybe he's just that Archer in Red a little bit further down his road of heroism; he doesn't know, nor does he care, nor does it matter; this existence wouldn't matter; he was simply a soldier of Chaldea, the name of something he barely remembered.

He walked out of his door; his expression was sharp as always.

There was nothing for him to do other than walk, so he might as well take advantage of the lack of servants in the area.

He walked down the many halls of Chaldea, getting lost in the patterns of the all-white hallways. As he turned another hallway, he ran into him.

"Ah, old habits die hard, don't they?"