Chapter 9

LISA

Busan February 2015

"Do you think she'll like this gift?" I stare at Yuta uncertainly. He shrugs his shoulders cluelessly.

"It's Jennie who's happy if you give her a kiss on Valentine's Day." Daniel agrees with a nod.

"I also know where you should kiss her." He wiggles his eyebrows suggestively. I give him an annoyed look. That's no help!

"You're such an idiot!" Yuta giggles happily and stands next to me.

"Why cinnamon rolls?" He dips his finger into the creamy sauce and I slap his hand away.

"Don't touch them! Jennie loves cinnamon rolls." I answer his question and then Daniel gives me a strange look.

"Even I didn't know that." He murmurs thoughtfully. Yuta rolls his eyes.

"You don't think with your head, but your dick." Daniel shrugs his shoulders with a grin and I shake my head in disgust.

Sometimes it unsettles me that Daniel and Jennie are such good friends with each other. Daniel is constantly hitting on girls and that's what he does when he is alone with Jennie too. I have no concerns about Jennie, but I still just feel uncomfortable with it. But these are perfidious thoughts that I can worry about later.

"When are you meeting?" Yuta asks with his mouth full. A look at my phone tells me that Jennie hasn't written to me yet. A bad premonition creeps into my head. I look at the clock. Alarmingly, my gaze snaps to Daniel.

"Have you spoken to Jennie today?" He shakes his head.

"No, why?" Yuta slaps him on the back of the head. Tears gather in my eyes. All for nothing?

"Ouch!" The big boy grumbles.

"Why are you hitting me?" He asks him loudly and Yuta rolls his eyes.

"Because you're an idiot." Daniel rolls his eyes and I sit down thoughtfully.

"I was just answering her question!" Yuta gives him an annoyed look. Dejected, I put my head in my hands.

"You waste your time on so many women, yet you have no idea how one's mind works." Daniel sits down next to me stubbornly.

"What's going on?" Yuta asks me worriedly.

"We haven't planned anything." Daniel's confused look slides from Yuta to me.

"What are you talking about?" He blinks at me questioningly.

"We have nothing planned. She doesn't have anything planned for Valentine's Day! It's already midday and she hasn't written to me once!" Yuta blinks at me in anticipation.

"Maybe she wants to surprise you?" Yuta suggests enthusiastically. I shake my head in disbelief and subtly point to Daniel. He nods in understanding.

"What?" Daniel asks, frowning.

"Nothing." Yuta answers tartly.

"And that means what?" Daniel asks confused and Yuta gives him a dirty look.

"That means your best friend forgot Valentine's Day."

"Oh."

I bite my trembling lower lip.

"I can't believe it!" Yuta crosses his arms angrily. "How can you forget Valentine's Day?" He asks, stunned. Daniel puts his arm over my shoulder encouragingly.

Jennie actually doesn't like it when Daniel touches me. But I don't care at all at the moment.

"Maybe she hasn't forgotten it at all. She probably got stressed out during the preparation." I look at him in disbelief.