Chapter 3

As Ash and his mother, Aurora, arrive at Route 20 in the Kalos Region, they stride toward a quaint wooden house nestled amidst the serene landscape. Ash's curiosity piques as he gazes at the modest structure.

"So, this is where the Mache Family lives?" Ash inquires, his voice tinged with anticipation.

Aurora nods, her expression serious. "Yes, Valerie resides here with her three children: Flora, Eve, and Alice. It's important to make a good impression, Ash, especially since there aren't many children around here. Try to get along," she advises, her tone gentle yet firm.

"I will," Ash affirms, his determination evident in the nod of his head.

Approaching the door, Aurora raises her hand to knock, but there's no response from within. A sense of unease settles over them as they exchange worried glances.

"Maybe they're not home..." Aurora murmurs, a furrow forming on her brow. "Valerie? It's me, Aurora. Is anyone home?"

As Ash's gaze shifts to the window, his eyes widen in alarm at the sight of bloodstains marring the glass. Before he can voice his concern, Aurora tests the doorknob and discovers it's unlocked. With a hesitant push, she swings the door open, revealing a distressing scene inside.

Valerie, Wulfric, Eve, and Flora lie strewn across the floor, their strength waning. Aurora rushes to their side, her heart pounding with fear and concern.

"What's happened? Valerie! Wulfric! Eve! Flora!" Aurora's voice trembles as she tries to rouse them from their state of weakness. Valerie manages to speak, her voice barely audible. "Alice... kidnapped..."

"Alice?" Aurora gasps, her eyes widening in shock. "Don't worry, I'll contact Officer Jenny. Ash, stay here, alright?"

In that moment, memories from a year ago flood Ash's mind, reminding him of the pain and loss he endured when his sister met a tragic fate. Determination hardens his resolve as he refuses to let another loved one suffer a similar fate. Without a word, he bolts away, leaving Aurora to call after him in frantic dismay, "Ash! Where are you going?"

As Ash cautiously approaches the secluded house, his heart pounds in his chest at the sight of three menacing figures standing over a bound Alice. One of the men speaks, his tone callous and indifferent, "Hey, you reckon she'll fetch a good price?"

"Just look at her, all innocent-like. She may seem sweet, but she's just a kid. Not my type," another man replies with a dismissive sneer.

"I ain't asking for your opinion on her looks. We're gonna peddle her to the Underground market in the capital, auction her off to those sick old perverts," the boss declares, his words dripping with malice.

Meanwhile, Alice lies on the cold ground, her expression void of emotion as she silently endures her harrowing ordeal. "It's so cold," she murmurs softly, her voice barely audible amidst the tense atmosphere.

Suddenly, the conversation halts as two of the traffickers hear the door creak open. Ash steps into the room, his nerves evident as he stammers, "Excuse me."

The nearest thug immediately advances towards Ash, his voice laced with aggression. "Hold it, kid! How'd you stumble upon this place?"

"I, um, got lost in the forest. Saw the cabin and, uh, thought..." Ash's voice trails off, a flicker of fear dancing in his eyes.

The thug glances at his boss, who silently signals for Ash's disposal. "You know, kid, it's dangerous wandering the forest alone," the thug continues, his tone sickeningly sweet as he kneels down towards Ash. "There're some scary Pokémon out there, you know."