Chapter 5

A few days after Serena joins Alice and Ash in the Sevestar Region for training, they receive an unexpected invitation from Adam to visit the Alola Region's Aether Foundation. Excited for the opportunity to explore a new region, they eagerly accept and soon find themselves greeted by the warm embrace of Lusamine, the head of the Aether Foundation.

"It's so nice to see you again, Ash," Lusamine says, her voice filled with genuine warmth.

"It's great to see you too, Ms. Lusamine," Ash replies with a smile. "It's been quite a while."

With Lusamine as their guide, they embark on a comprehensive tour of the Aether Foundation, taking in its vast facilities and learning about its mission to protect Pokémon and preserve their habitats. Intrigued by the organization's goals, Alice can't help but ask, "So, what exactly is the Aether Foundation?"

Lusamine smiles, her eyes alight with passion. "The Aether Foundation is dedicated to the research and conservation of Pokémon and their environments," she explains. "We strive to create a world where both humans and Pokémon can live together in harmony, free from harm."

As Ash, Alice, and Serena continue their tour of the Aether Foundation, they are captivated by the organization's efforts and the dedication of its staff in caring for Pokémon. They are amazed by the sight of Pokémon being treated with such care and compassion, their hearts swelling with admiration for the work being done.

Their reverie is interrupted by the unexpected appearance of a boy and a girl with blonde hair, who approach them with curiosity. The girl, shy and timid, quickly hides behind the boy, both of them appearing to be around the same age as Ash.

"Who are you guys? What are you doing here?" the boy asks, his tone cautious but not unfriendly, as they exchange curious glances with the newcomers.

"We're visiting from the Sevestar Region," Ash replies, extending his hand in a friendly gesture. "I'm Ash, and these are my friends, Alice and Serena."

Lillie peeks out from behind Gladion, her shy demeanor softening as she tentatively returns the smile. "I'm Lillie, and this is my brother, Gladion," she introduces herself, her voice quiet but polite.

Gladion nods in acknowledgment, his expression guarded yet curious as he observes the newcomers. "Nice to meet you," he says simply, his tone neutral but not unfriendly.

Lillie's eyes widen in awe as she addresses Ash. "So you are the Ash Ketchum that my mom told us about..." she gasps. "I've heard how you're like an Arceus and how you were able to protect Mom from the evil team leader..."

Ash's expression softens at Lillie's words, a mixture of gratitude and humility crossing his features. "Well, I don't know about being like an Arceus, but I do my best to help whenever I can," he replies modestly. "And I'm just glad I could help Lusamine."

The memory brings a slight frown to Ash's face as he adds, "But... I still couldn't save my sister..."

Lillie's eyes widen in realization, her hand instinctively covering her mouth. "I'm so sorry, Ash. I shouldn't have brought that up," she says softly, her voice filled with sympathy.

Gladion, sensing the heaviness of the moment, steps in to offer a change of topic. "How about we show you around the Aether Foundation, then?" he suggests, his tone gentle yet inviting. "There's plenty to see and explore."

Serena nods eagerly, her enthusiasm helping to lighten the mood. "That sounds wonderful!"

As the five children explore the wonders of the Aether Paradise, Lusamine and Adam observe them from a distance, their expressions reflecting a mix of pride and concern.