PILOT

What just happened? My dead body is laying on the street and I don't even know how it happened. It happened too soon, who was responsible for it?

I know I'm dead yet I feel like my consciousness is still alive, seeing the dark void with no else to turn.

I can't really see anyone's faces at the moment, they're all getting blurry as seconds go on and my eyes cannot be open for a minute long. The sounds of everyone's screaming, the ringing ambulance and police sirens are fading.

Not sure why people are asking "Ma'am are you okay?" I am literally bleeding to death here. How is a dead body supposed to answer those questions now huh?

What a weird way to start but let us flashback to how all of this happened in the first place. Providing context clues to the readers to suddenly why the first chapter started with this.

This is a warning, this isn't a romance story that you hope to be. You're not getting those hand holding until 50 chapters later.

The last customers left the restaurant and you sighed in relief as you disinfected and wiped the table. Now it was only you and the other staff members at 10:30pm when you were supposed to close at 9:30 pm, the customers really took their time.

The winter season was starting as you watched the snow flakes drop from the sky through your window. You closed your eyes as you clenched your fist from the last customers that gave you too much work, perhaps taking a deep breath would help you.

You wanted to get angry at the customer because you were assigned to serve them but at the same time, they gave you a medium tip that made you forget your anger.

Heading back in the kitchen with the dishes needed to be clean. You met up with your friend, Miko, another waitress working with you.

She was focused on her phone and her hamster-like resting smile grew wider when you walked in.

"There you are!" As she walks towards you and puts her hand on your shoulder, you ignore her as you want to get work done.

"You know, you look so stressed... Can you please come with me to the karaoke?" She got closer to your face and your eye twitched, "What? At night?"

She nodded, "Actually we would be late but it's natural to be late for a karaoke night! I don't have anyone to bring with me so it would soo awkward to come alone."

Finishing the last plate and putting on the dish rack, "So you needed an excuse why you're late? And It's me?" You wipe your hands with the towel.

"You know me so well [Name]!" She hugs you but you push her away to change your clothes.

"I want to rest..." You unbuttoned your vest waistcoat

"Okay but when was the last time you did something for yourself? That was fun."

Not hesitating when you answered, "Working to get money is for myself." You put your uniform inside the locker after you wore your casual clothes.

Miko did the same, she spoke to you without making any eye contact because her locker was on the opposite side of yours. "That's to pay your bills, I mean like a hobby."

You grab your shoulder bag with your phone in it. There were so many notifications but you clear them all with a single button.

"Let's just go, okay? I'll pay for the food you'll be getting." Your friend gets closer to you, showing you her phone screen that she got you listed which meant that there was no backing off.