21

As soon as Harry and Arcturus arrived at the center where the summer program was held, a high pitched voice was heard from their right.

"Harry! You're here!"

A moment later, Hermione had run to them to engulf Harry in a hug.

"What happened? Why weren't you here the other day? I was worried you weren't coming back," the young girl babbled.

Seeing the panic in Harry's eyes, Arcturus spoke up.

"He had caught a cold Miss Granger. I didn't want to allow him to come here until he was well again."

"But you feel better now, right?" Hermione asked, looking at Harry, concerned.

"I had to stay in bed for a couple of days, but I feel better now, thanks."

"You came just in time; they just unlocked the gate on the pool, and the activities haven't started yet, so we can go swimming for a little while if you want to."

"Swimming?" Harry asked nervously, blinking a few times, "I don't think I have anything to wear swimming with me, Hermione."

"Mr. Potter, why do you sound nervous? Were you never taught how to swim?" Arcturus asked, a single brow raised in question.

"My Aunt and Uncle made sure my cousin had swimming lessons Sir, but they always sent me to stay with Mrs. Figg. They said someone like me didn't deserve to go to a pool in summer," Harry answered quietly, looking at his feet.

"Well, that is something we shall have to remedy then, isn't it, Mr. Potter? We reside on an island, for all intents and purposes; it is only sensible to learn how to swim. For today, as you do not have a swimming costume with you, you should try to participate in other activities here, however, I will be making sure you have lessons in how to swim," Arcturus commented, with a slight nod.

"If we aren't going swimming, we could go to the activity room. They usually have different crafts to make in there, plus a few games. I made my father a wallet using one of the leather kits they have; all of the pieces of the kit are made so it's easy to put together, so we could do that if you want, Harry," Hermione babbled, excited, before turning to Arcturus, "also, they have swimming classes here, as well as a lifeguard, Lord Black. I'm sure Harry could learn to swim with the class. I'm in one of them myself."

"Mr. Potter, what do you think? Would you like to take swimming lessons here with your friend, or would you prefer to have me hire a swimming instructor for you at my estate?"

Thinking a bit, Harry looked from one to the other, then answered.

"I think I'd like to learn with Hermione, Sir, if you don't mind. She's my friend, and it would be more fun that way."

"Then I shall find out when the classes are held here and make sure you have a swimming costume before your first class. We will be leaving a bit earlier than we usually do today, Mr. Potter. You have an appointment with a physician later, however, I didn't want to deprive you of your time here. I will come to take you to your appointment in two hours."

"Yes Sir. Thank you," Harry said, a huge smile on his face. Grinning at Hermione, the two of them started toward the activity room, both trying to fill in the other about what had happened since the last time they saw each other.

OOO

Kyle had just begun to open files related to various cases he was working on when his secretary walked in his office. With a look of mild curiosity, he looked up from the parchment in his hand.

"Yes, Deborah, what is it?"

"Mr. Stanton, someone called the office just before you came in this morning. He left a number for you to call him back," she said, handing him a slip of paper.