1.1 Batman's Last Case

Gotham Graveyard (Night 1)
Bruce's Gravestone

Third Person POV

Red Hood, Batgirl and Robin were standing at Bruce's grave, waiting for Nightwing to show up, as he was running late. The three were silent to each other, not a single word said.

A thud was heard and they all turned to see Nightwing, with a tired look on his face. Batgirl and Robin walk towards him while Red Hood still looks at Bruce's grave.

Nightwing then places a hand on Robin's shoulder giving him a look of remorse.

Finally, Red Hood walks to them and they all stood in a circle.

"How's Alfred doing?" Red Hood asks and Nightwing sighs.

"As you would expect. Took the old man 3 years to finally take a vacation then Bruce ends up dead? He...he just needs time." Nightwing explains.

"What about you? Surprised you let Jacob Kane give the eulogy." Batgirl says and Nightwing turn towards her.

"He offered. He figured it would be easier if he did it. He is Bruce's uncle." He states and Red Hood chuckles.

"All that talk of being a "protector" and "working behind the scenes" if only he knew." He says then Robin raises an eyebrow.

"You don't think he knows...right? Or his wife?" Robin asks, worry evident in his voice.

"If Catherine knew Bruce was Batman, I doubt the anti-vigilante police commissioner would've even thought to take part in the funeral." She assures and Nightwing crosses his arms, a serious look on his face.

"Here's another thing. She has the body of Bruce's killer in her morgue. Ra's was listed as a John Doe, slated for creamnation." He reveals and Red Hood scoffs.

"Good riddance. I was heading there anyway." Red Hood says and Nightwing looks at him, annoyed.

"What do mean "You were heading there anyway?" He asks and Red Hood rolls his eyes.

"What do you think? To make sure he gets turned to ashes. What if the League find out he's there and try to revive him? Then we got another problem on our hands." Red Hood says and Nightwing scoffs.

"You want to break into GCPD headquarters for "what-if" well, by all means, be my guest Jason." He says sarcastically as the two started walking up to each other, and wanting to avoid a fight, Batgirl stood in between them.

"I managed to decrypt the case file that was sent along with Bruce's final message. We need to focus on that." She says and the two former Robins backed down.

"I uh, looked it over. Twice. It looks incomplete. Did you decrypt everything?" Robin asks, confused.

"No, that's all of it. Ra's must've attacked Bruce while he was writing." Batgirl explains.

"Well, He says "These implications could shake Gotham to it's core." Robin says reading the case file.

"Ominous. And not helpful. I saw a few spots we look around, some construction sites, a quarry..." Red Hood lists then Nightwing speaks up.

"Bruce was also looking back into Dr. Kirk Langstrom." Nightwing says and Robin raises an eyebrow.

"Kirk Langstrom? I thought Bruce closed the file after the whole "Man-Bat" fiasco." Robin asks and Red Hood sighs.

"Probably has something to do with what Bruce was looking into. But what's the connection?" Red Hood states and Batgirl shows him Gotham University website.